Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 32 - Thursday, September 29th, 2011

Maureen's doing well, San Diego is a great place for her to be. I'm always grateful that she is so close to home. Thank you for all the support you give her. I know she feels and appreciates it.
.
Dear Family and Friends,
.
You are all too kind~ thank you for your love and support. I don't know if I could make it without all the prayers and love I receive from you. :)
.
As for the Missionary Blog I'm pretty sure its californiasandiegomission.blogspot.com but I will check this week. Sis. Clayton is attempting to get pictures of everyone on there so I know there will be pictures of me on there for Olivia. As for pictures I am sending, I am planning on sending it today but we'll see how it works out. Hopefully you will have my very full memory card soon. :) oh and can you ask dad to send the other one, I don't think I ever got it back. i surprisingly am taking more pictures then I ever thought I would. Haha And I'm not good at taking pictures either. :)
.
I'm glad the Denler's were able to speak, they are both wonderful speakers and so full of energy. I loved serving with them and seeing their sweet examples at the center. I have been so very blessed to work with the people I have and to see the many diligent examples of being Christ-like. I'm loving my area right now! And I love working with Sis. Hudson! She is an example to me and keeps me on my toes working. It's been a great experience to train and learn. (I really do think I'm learning more than I'm teaching). As for Sis. McCloy, she's serving in Clairemont, my first area. And she's loving it. They have to ride on bikes now so she's enjoying being more active. Although at times we are very different from each other it's strange not having her around as she's been my companion pretty much my whole mission! But this is a great learning experience for me and as I have more responsibility now I'm learning even more than before.
.
We actually have been able to talk to lots of people that we hadn't been able to meet before and it's so neat to see how God puts us into different peoples paths and how Sis. McCloy needed to be here for certain people and to get us into different places but now it's our time to do the rest. Heavenly Father really knows what He is doing. that is something I've recognized a lot lately! He helps in everything we do, and He really does go before us to provide a way for us. Last night we were able to teach someone we've tried to meet for months now. Her sister is a convert to the church and we think she's seen the different ways of life and although she is Very rich (if you've seen fancy houses on movies that are modern that everyone has parties at, you've seen her house) she realizes she's missing something and her poor sister has it and she's recognized that it comes through our church. So we met with her and she wants to read the Book of Mormon find out if it is true and she wants to learn more! We are so excited for her!
.
I really think that Heavenly Father has been blessing us and because we've been finding people on our own efforts, as we work with the memebers we will be blessed with much more through the members. This Gospel is amazing - Everyone Deserves to know about it and have the choice to choose it. :)
.
Flo is doing well she watched General Conference and enjoyed it, we are trying to get her to do baptisms for the dead at the temple and get her patriarchal blessing! We're so excited for her and for all she is able to do. She's changed a lot. Don't worry mom we'll wait patiently for her gift. :)
.
Life is well here, the weather is great, today it's sprinkling outside but we love it. Conference was unbelieveable! We loved it, it was so critical for our investigators and it helped in so many ways. We were surprised that President Monson got up halfway through the first session, but we found out later that it was because He came in late. He was probably running some important errands for the Lord, so it doesn't surprise me. He was so chipper it was so neat to see and hear him. It was really neat to see what the Lord wanted us to hear right now and how those talks usually all blend together to form one or two themes but this time they were all Very different. I liked it though, I learned a lot.
.
I was also slightly surprised at the boldness of Elder Anderson and Elder Ballard (though less so with elder Ballard, he's Always bold). It was really great and I've come to appreciate conference so much more on my mission. I hope you all had your questions answered. I know mine were in many ways. It was a great experience.
.
Thanks for the missionary work you are all doing at home and again for the prayers. I know Heavenly Father is watching over me! I love you all!
.
Love, Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment