Thursday, September 22, 2011

Week 31 - Thursday, September 22nd, 2011

Dearest all who read this,
.
So this week has been a really good week! It started with a challenge. Flo found out that she lost her job which was really hard for her. Satan tries really hard right before baptism and for the first year after and of course the rest of your life to distract you and keep you from doing God's will. It can be difficult but God will help you and He won't let you be tempted "above that ye are able" 1 Cor. 10:13. So she's been better but to help ease the struggle we gave her a picture of her and us on her baptism day and we put tons of sticky notes on top with fun sayings or memories that would uplift her day (I used Aunt Kristin's sticky notes too. :) )
.
She's doing better. But we met with Rob finally again and we had an amazing lesson. We were in the scriptures a lot and we explained the first half of the Plan of Salvation to him, at first it was hard for him to take our words as real even though this plan sounds great, so we invited him to pray about it because obviously that's the only way He can know. He prayed that night and ever since he's been more happy amidst all the difficulties and He's trying to share the Plan of Happiness with others. It's so neat. He's completely changed!
.
We met with Todd this week as well and he was so happy. We talked to him about the role of the Holy Ghost and how important prayer was and we asked him how much he desired to know these things are true for himself. 10 being the highest he said 8.5! We would've been happy with a 4. He's doing great and he is beginning to understand and want what we're telling him! It's so neat to see this change in him as well!
.
Well after the broadcast on Sunday for Relief Society I realized a few things and was reminded on a few other things. God speaks to us through his servents. He directs them to tell us just what we need to hear, and I felt like Pres. Uchtdorf really did that for me in his talk.
It's just so neat. He gave us God's word to Us, Right Now! And it applies to us all in some way, not always the same ways but it is so neat how it works out like that. It must be inspired. :) And Heavenly Father is pretty smart to know what we all need to hear and how Exactly (and who) His servents need to say it so that we can all learn and grow right now. That is just beyond neat to me.
.
Sis. Hudson's friend was in the MTC and got to listen to Elder Holland do a Q&A. She said that one person got up and asked, what does Jesus Christ want us to know right now? And he responded, "that He is who He says He is and that what He said is true and that He loves you." How cool is that! It made me realize more strongly how much He is a part of this work, not only that but He really wants us to come to Him, He just wants us to exercize a bit of faith in Him, and believe what He said and what His prophets say today. So my challenge to you, have a question or two ready for conference. I Promise He will answer them through His prophets and servents. He wants us to know, He wants us to believe and He loves us more than we can even imagine!
.
The last thing I really have to share for this week is that the dynamic duo of Sister McCloy and Sister Davis is coming to a close tomorrow. :( I'm staying in Green Valley with Sis. Hudson but Sis. McCloy is leaving us. :( I didn't expect it though she has this whole week. When we got the call I wanted to cry. It's been a hard run the two of us. There were times we did fabulous together and times when we drove each other crazy because we couldn't really understand each other. But I know that because of our 6 months together I will never be the same person again. She has made me the person I am now and I am so grateful for that. Heavenly Father has a plan and he knows what will help us best. I know it will be great fun when we hang out after the mission because she has truly become a sister to me. :)
.
Well I love you all! Thanks for all you do and for the examples you set for me. Each person I have ever come in contact with has made me the person I am today and I want to thank each person for what they have done and their role in my life. I love my Heavenly Father and His plan for me, I know He loves me and every person on this earth who ever was, is or will be. He is the Father of us all and I appreciate all He's done for me as well. I could Never go through this life without Him or My Savior! I love them both.
.
Love you all, keep being awesome!
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment