Thursday, September 8, 2011

Week 29 - Thursday, September 8th, 2011

Thanks Mom,
.
It's always so fun to read your emails. So I've realized that no matter How often I eat it I just don't like broccoli. Doesn't matter if they steam it, eat it raw, fry it, bake it, etc. I just don't enjoy it :( I know you thought I'd have a greater span of liking food.... I'm working on it. Maddy told me in all capitals that I need to branch out. Haha I like tai food now, and I have tried squid - dried - but still not a fan. :)
.
So as for miracles this past week.... So last tuesday night, we met with Rob who we haven't been able to see in months, and we had a Great lesson and guess what? He got a baptismal date that night!!! He'll be baptized Oct. 8th. Flo is getting baptized this saturday - which was a close call, she almost changed the date to Oct. 22nd then we told her she was ready no matter what she decided and she jumped on that and asked her husband if they could continue this week! So we were ecstatic! Her husband who was less active will be baptizing her! (as for what she would want... no idea, maybe a necklace? She's not very girly but she likes simple jewelry) That was miracle number two and three. And an investigator from our last area, by SDSU texted us that night as well and told us that one day it just hit her, everything we had been teaching her was true!!! That was the greatest miracle of all! She was so against it at first and now she's getting baptized Sept 24th!!!! We were soooo happy. And we think it was because we took time out of our pday to teach a lesson to this lady, who is sweet, we invited her to read and pray about the book of mormon and she said she would but we think she was more interested in learning for knowledge's sake. Anyway because of that we had at least 4 miracles that night!
.
This week has been good, hard but good, we've realized lots of things that we can be doing to better the work and Sis. Hudson has been helping us to just jump up and do. It's kinda fun, when one of us is tired someone else will jump up and say "let's go" and we do. We really like our companionship and we hope president won't change it for a while. :) Well I don't know if you heard but all of southern california and part of arizona had a Huge blackout on thursday. We were visiting someone and didn't realize how big the problem was until we went past lots of stop lights that weren't working. We had no clue what was going on but it was neat to see neighbors coming together, helping each other with extra sources of light, and water, making sure everyone was alright and having bbq's for dinner as communities. It was cool. We were called in early so we were all safe and sound. In fact for dinner we had ice cream (save it before it melted) and a can of raw green beans. Yep! It was fun, we all sat around the table eating out of a can in candlelight haha, we took pictures too. It's been quite the adventure here and we've loved it.
So nothing much else to write. :) The work is going well, we're still learning and growing and loving all we're doing. It's great being out here and I'm so glad that you guys are making the effort to be missionaries back home! that's wonderful! :)
.
I know Emmy is being a trooper, tell her she's awesome and she'll make a great missionary! And so will Olivia! And Erin and Maddy and everyone else haha.
.
I love you all and I pray for you often! Know that I care about you a lot~ Oh and my companions and the elders here say hi. :)
.
Love ya~
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment