Thursday, October 6, 2011

Week 33 - Thursday, October 6th, 2011

Wow this is a long one to respond to.....
So my week has been great! We didn't meet with many investigators but I feel like we're getting on top of things again which is really good. Those investigators we do have are doing well. They are all the stubborn sort who don't like to meet often so we're going to try and explain the importance of meeting more and coming to church. But their interest is sincere and they do want to know more, so that's been good.
.
As for the members, they've been great. We've been working more with members this week inviting them to work on missionary work and just get to know their friends more and invite them to things. Unfortunately, our ward council, which is top notch, has not been focused on the Rescue as much, even after that talk by Elder Alonso. Bishop is on top of it but it doesn't seem like the rest of the council is interested in helping the missionary work with less actives. It's somewhat frustrating as they just assume the missionaries do everything. Maybe I should share with them what Elder Perry told us. When he visited he told us that as we work with the ward council and combine our efforts in helping the missionary work then the Lord will open the windows of heaven and pour out blessings. I believe it! Now I just need to be humble enough to let the ward council actually help and I need to encourage them to help in the work. It may come through serving them first though. So we'll see how it works out. ;)
.
One of the families we've been working with lately is the Tengburgs (or Tengyburgers according to Sis. Hudson) They are such a great family and so full of life and energy and a desire to serve. They may come to Mesa to go to the Easter Pageant in April (only 6 months away haha) and if they do I'll give them your number - they said they'd love to meet you. I love them so much, they are just a fabulous family! Anywho, I really don't know what more to say about our week - it was pretty slow this week. But something sis Hudson and I are trying is to memorize a scripture every day - it's not working out too well bc we keep forgetting but we can "try, try again." :)
.
Mom - good luck with the holidays. And you don't need to worry - something I learned this week is that worrying is like rocking a rocking chair. You can go back and forth as much as you'd like but in the end you are in the same spot. :) So no need to worry, it'll all work out. And as for things you can send... maybe a blouse or two or a few cardigans (quarter or full length sleeves) but I may go shopping today to look for things. I just need a change of clothes... the shirts are starting to get worn. :p Oh bother. Other then that I can't really think of anything... okay maybe some sweets... you know me and my sugar tooth - I've been pretty good lately though so maybe it deserves a treat haha? Anway, I love you all and hope you are all doing well! I pray for you each night!
.
Last thoughts, A while ago Sis. Hudson told me that her teacher in the MTC would tell them that if people, whether investigators or members, have doubts in the church or are second guessing and justifying things then they aren't reading the Book of Mormon every day. There is no way you can read the Book of Mormon every day, study and ponder and pray about it and be lead off the path. How neat is that? So I've made sure I'm studying the Book of Mormon every day and it's so true. The more I read it, the more I ponder the message it contains, the more I understand, the more I understand the more I know it is true and that no one but Prophets inspired of God could write that book. Every page testifies of Jesus Christ and His divinity. It is really a very special book. :) So keep reading the Book of Mormon, study and ponder it Every day! I love you all!
.
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment