Thursday, October 27, 2011

Week 36 - Thursday, October 27th, 2011

Dearest Family and Friends... Yeah! (Maddy knows where that's from)
.
I have so much news to tell you!!!!
.
For starters Todd is getting Baptized!!! He is the last member in a part member family to get baptized and I can't tell you what a change we've seen in him! He's so different then when we started teaching him. He's much more peaceful and happy, psh if that was all this church did for people I'd be happy! It's been so neat to see his growth. He started from not even knowing if God existed to now knowing that this is true and that he needs to be apart of it. He's getting baptized November 26th, and He's telling people about it! It's so neat!
.
Okay, so tomorrow is transfer meeting and Sis. Hudson and I were So sure we weren't getting moved and then we got a call this morning. I felt my heart drop to the floor. I wasn't ready to leave Green Valley! Well Elder Belt, our zone leader told us, "Sis. Davis..... (longest pause of my life).... you're staying and Sis. Hudson......... you're staying too!" So why in the world did we need the call? Because both of us are training! I barely end the training program for Sis. Hudson on Sunday and I'm back on it. Which is actually really nice bc now I'll get these things ingrained in my head, being the third time I've been through this training program with my own during the pilot program. Ha! We're still in shock and don't know exactly what to think! It's crazy. Hopefully I'll be able to help this new sister and be able to work with Sis. Hudson to help her too! It's so neat that Sis. Hudson, who I trained is now helping me train right after her training. I know she'll be great. :)
.
Okay another late development, a week ago we had something called Santana winds. They are super fast Dry winds that if there is any fire at all, it can spread rapidly! So we got nervous on wednesday but no big deal because the next day was POURing rain. And in australia apparently it's called "bucketing." so I'll let you imagine that. :) It's not always fun to go out in the rain but Some people will take pity on us and let us in. So we talked with lots of people that day.
.
I've been summoned to sing in church on Thanksgiving sunday. Sis. Davis, the choir director found out I liked singing and invited me to use my talents, haha I don't know if I can promise anything good in a ward with so much talent. I am constantly humbled for sure. :)
.
Speaking of humbling, I have been so humbled this week. This Sunday I realized that I needed to learn the things I'm learning this way. I could not be the person I am today if I hadn't come on a mission, I would not be the Missionary I am today if I wasn't constantly challenged by change, I couldn't learn the way I learn if I had been one of those Preach My Gospel missionaries on the DVDs, I couldn't teach the way I teach without the training program that I'm Constantly on, and I couldn't keep improving without things that take me continuously out of my comfort zone. It was a really neat realization that God does have a plan for me, He does care what happens to me and that every situation I'm in is for my benefit, my learning and growth. I was able to share that yesterday with a woman we're teaching. Her name is Kathy and she has had so many health issues that sometimes she wonders why God gives her these things. I was able to share my experience and how I'm always wondering if I'm going to be able to help those around me. She told us, "you don't have to worry. having you sit in my living room at all has changed my life and lifted my spirits like you can't imagine." She told us that we are affecting those around us and that I don't need to worry about it. It was so sweet to hear her feel that way and to have a reconfirmation that I Am doing the right thing right now. :) I know this church is true. I love it and I love being a part of this missionary service to God. There is no better place that I can be right now.
.
I love you all and hope you are all doing well and being strong. I pray for you all daily!
.
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment