Thursday, August 25, 2011

Week 27 - Thursday, August 25th, 2011

Dear Family and friends,
.
Well I want to tell you a bit about the sister we're training. Her name is Sister Hudson, she actually knows Chelsea Ellsworth! They were in the same Book binding class together. Small world right? :) She is a really sweet sister with such a drive to serve and do her best. We admire her so much for it. She has been teaching us a lot. We've been so blessed to have her to work with. She's actually making me work a lot harder then I did before haha. I have to be the one to set the example and yet I feel like she is a better example to me. President Clayton did say in our training meeting that we learn more as teachers than those being taught. So I'm definitely learning a lot.
.
I've also realized that being a trainer isn't really a calling saying that you're a good missionary. President told us that we were chosen because 1. God knows how this will bless everyone's lives, and 2. because we are very obedient, and we have to set that example for them. I think of it more as, because I was obedient, Heavenly Father's blessing me with learning a lot more of how I need to be a better missionary. He's giving me the opportunity to grow more, not because I'm a great missionary, but because I have the desire to learn and grow and I'm showing that by being obedient. Obedience is the first law of everything right? :) When we are obedient, the Lord shapes us, molds us into a better person, the person He wants us to be. I was thinking about it today and it makes sense that the Prophet has to be the most obedient man on earth! I admire President Monson for serving the Lord no matter how hard the task may be, no matter if we can't see the outcome, he trusts the Lord enough to be exactly obedient to His will and that's how I want to be.
.
This last Sunday was very stressful. We were in Gospel principles and we had a lesson on the Word of Wisdom. Our teacher is very good and is great about teaching investigators we bring but after the lesson, Flo went back to thinking we had the choice to choose to drink or not, and she didn't understand why God would command us to not drink. Obviously drinking is not the main issue, as she still hasn't had any wine or coffee in the past two weeks, so she must have an issue with something else. We're just trying to figure out what it is now. Well after Gospel Principles we had Relief Society and the person giving the lesson didn't know they were supposed to so we had an imprompto Testimony meeting. The theme ended up being we must all follow God's will, even if we don't understand it. I bore my testimony and so did Sis. McCloy along with a few other sisters. I don't know about anyone else but I thought that was one of the greatest Relief Society lesson's we've ever had. I know the Lord allowed that to happen so we could help Flo. I just pray and hope that she felt the spirit and realized the importance of following God's will and not her own. Obvioulsy He knows best.
.
Well I'm low on time but I want to let you know about a few miracles that have occured lately. A few days ago we were trying to follow Elder Ballard's challenges to talk to 10 people every day, we saw some kids in the street and started talking to them. Their mom came out and we began talking to her. She said she had been taught before by the missionaries and that she was interested but her husband didn't like it. So we asked if we could practice giving her the lessons, as Sis. Hudson needed practice, she agreed and we're meeting with her on thursday. She seemed really happy to meet us, and we were so happy to find her at the right time and place! We also got a call that night from our investigator who we haven't been able to meet lately, Rob. He hasn't been able to come to church because he's not allowed to bring his girls to church with him. Well he told us that his ex-wife allowed him to bring them on Sunday! so he and the girls were there! It was Amazing! The Lord truly blesses us as we do His work, work as hard as we can and are exactly obedient in everything!
.
I love this work. I love being a part of it and I love letting people know of the amazing blessing we have of having the truth restored here on the earth today! It's awesome.
Keep being amazing missionaries! I love you all so much and I pray about you often! Keep my investigators and Sis. Hudson in your prayers! :) She needs them when I'm training. haha
.
Love you!
Love, Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment