Thursday, August 18, 2011

Week 26 - Thursday, August 18th, 2011

Thank you Mom,
.
I noticed I received a letter that I wrote to you From you, I must have been included in the forward somehow haha. Alright ready for some breaking news?! Transfers are tomorrow. Sis. McCloy and I are Still companions But we're getting a third companion. In fact, we're both Training. I've never been so excited and terrified in my life! Haha I think there is only one english speaking sister that is coming in because all of the other 6 english speaking sisters are staying the same. It's so weird when there are so few of us. Well we're training, we have to get a new bed and potentially a bigger table to study at. But yeah, it'll be good. We'll have to learn to rely on the Lord even more. :)
.
Other then that, Flo is pretty much going to be baptized this month. She has this fear of baptismal dates, but she's decided on baptism and when we met with her Sunday, although she was previously Very opposed to stopping her alcoholic consumption, she found out on her own when Sis. McCloy read 2nd Ne. 28:21 that Satan likes to drag us down carefully through little things, she realized this was one of them. So she pretty much threw out all the alcohol in her house and is telling her friends that she isn't drinking anymore and she hasn't had coffee or tea, so it's going Great! She'll be baptized shortly. The other lady's date should be moved up tonight because she is no longer going out of town. Rob, we haven't been able to meet in a while, we're praying he answers our call sometime. And Todd is progressing very well, the whole ward notices it. He is happy at church and he talks to everyone now so it's a matter of him taking more initiative. They're all great, we're still working on finding up here. No one is outside so we have to work with the members a lot more. But it's been really great and everyone we've talked to so far hopes that we stay for some time. :) It's nice to feel loved
.
Well I don't have as much time today but I want to tell you all how much I know this gospel is true. I know you hear that a lot from me but it's really interesting to see how Heavenly Father works with us and gives us those little revelations, line upon line, telling us He is there and that He's involved in the work. I realized how much He gives me those little testimonies every now and then and just like Elder Bednar's talk they really do grow upon each other like the sun rising until it's the perfect day. He has been letting me know how much He and His son are involved in this work and how much they love each and every one of us! It's so great to feel their love and that peaceful feeling when I know I am doing something right. It's a great comfort and blessing. And if anyone wants to gain a stronger witness for themself I would ask them to bear their testimony in church, to their family, etc. That's how my testimony has grown so much, when I have testified to others what I know. It's so great. :)
.
Well I love y'all. keep being missionary minded and work hard!
Love, Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment