Monday, April 18, 2011

Week 9 - Monday, April 18th, 2011

Dear Mom-

. Last weeks e-mail! I'm so sorry! It said it had sent, so I didn't worry about it. Then I come today and it said it had problems... just my luck. :P Well I re-sent it so that you can have it. I think what caused the problem was the pictures. I tried to send 8 pictures. :) Maybe I'll try less from now on.


.




Big Shocking News: I'm being transfered. Yes only after 6 weeks of being out here. I'm being transfered and I won't know where or with whom until tomorrow. So if I write at a different time, I can't really help it. When we got the call I was sooooo confused! I have so much work to do here in Clairemont! And I just barely started driving and got to know the area and... I'm getting moved. And Sis. Cluff won't finish my training! So pretty much I'm getting a new trainer for the next 6 weeks and then Sis. Cluff thinks I may actually train. I'm officially terrified!


.




But I know Heavenly Father loves me and is watching out for me. I actually came up with a cool analogy the other day! (I've been using a lot and it's very strange) The analogy is that Heavenly Father has a Map, a HUGE map with every path drawn on. He see's the little dot that says "you are here" (where we are) and he see's the big X marks the spot. He see's which path we need to take to get to the X, not necessarily the fastest way but the best way for us. Sometimes that path will include a spot of quicksand, a tiger lurking behind the trees or an occassional vine we have to swing on. All we can see is what's around us and every time we come up to a fork (or a three-k) in the road, we have to decide which path to go down. Now sometimes the clear ones will not lead to the best places, sometimes we have to go on a path that hasn't been walked on a lot but Heavenly Father sends his messenger "our guide" to tell us where to go and what to do. We need to listen to that guide because that's the only way we're getting back safely!


.




Well This week has been a busy one, thank goodness! We've been talking to people right and left and we've had great experiences of people actually praying during the lesson to know if this is where they're supposed to be and they get the answer right there on the spot! It's been so cool! And we have 3 people that can get baptized and have dates! But I won't be here for them. oh well. We've talked to many less actives and the stake just had their trek here, so many of the youth who were less active before are coming now! We were so excited. They actually got to walk in the snow! It was crazy. We did have a hard experience this week though. We received revelation for Bro. Thomas and realized we had to tell him he wasn't ready and that we wouldn't be seeing him for a while. That was one of the hardest days of my mission. Telling him we couldn't teach him because he needed to gain a testimony for himself. I was about in tears. I felt extremely horrible afterward because Sis. Thomas gave us the quickest, briefest hugs afterword and instead of talking like usual, we were pretty much pushed out the door. We're going to visit her today before we leave. That is another hard thing! After I leave who will take care of that family? They were my home away from home. I absolutely love that family and I'm heartbroken that I have to leave them. I hope I can come back soon! Well... We know Heavenly Father is looking out for them and knows what they need the most. I trust Him.


.




Well little updates: I've been making meals lately, and I'm surprised I've actually enjoyed doing it so much! I made BBQ chicken last week and Sis. Cluff is begging me for the recipe. ;) We made Fajitas and lettuce wraps and something else but I forgot. We also made Suicide cookies - (Mom's Note - she means chocolate crinkles, wierd name, but if you breath in the powdered sugar before you take a bite, you choke. . . ) But the consistency was wrong so I'm trying to figure out what I did wrong. Oh! haha And I saw this huge Portal 2 sign like 50 times but whenever I saw it I was always too late to take a picture. Finally! We got a picture. Just before leaving too! Sis. Cluff will tell you that I'm crazy. ;) Ah I'm going to miss her. She was seriously like another sister. Well we saw a rainbow, so we have another year before the second coming. :) There was actually a Double rainbow... but it was hard to capture. Robbie's cutting my hair today! I'm getting it cut again because it's in the awkward middle stage and I can't do Anything with it! We'll talk to her today to see how she's doing. :)


.




As for you all going to stores... I'm not jealous bc I don't like shopping remember? :) and actually I've been to H&M while I've been out here and I got a cute navy shirt. As for e-mails, I can only e-mail immediate family. I can receive e-mails and read them but I can't respond.


.




Family!


You all sound so happy! I'm so glad that you and dad got to go to the Temple! As for Maddy's concert I hope you recorded it so I can see it when I get back. :) Tell Erin I'm praying for her and that after her family, callings are next in importance. And if she works on it, she will be blessed so much more! As for Emmy maybe I can give her tips when I get back on softball. ;) I'm sure she is fantastic at softball and teaching others a thing or two. As for Olivia, she sounds very content with life right now, I'm happy for her. :) I love you all! You're all awesome!


.




I hear from people often, especially Danielle haha. Today is the first day I went to get mail and there was nothing... I'll get used to it bc I'm sure it will happen more often. :) I have a lot of letters to write anyhow.


Well I love you all and hope you are all doing well. You'll find out next Tuesday where I'm going. :)


.


Love ya!


Love, Sister Maureen Davis

1 comment:

  1. In her letter, Sister Davis says she can receive emails. I understand she will not be able to respond to them, but It would be much easier for me to send her a quick email than trying to write a letter. Besides, without spell check, I don't know if she can even make out the letters I send her. :) I have horrible spelling.

    ReplyDelete