Friday, April 22, 2011

Week 10 - Friday, April 22nd, 2011

Here's the latest. I've never been so excited for Mother's Day!
.

Dear Mother,

.


I got one package from you all but it included Easter stuff and a few articles of clothing... no music. So I don't know if you just sent one or two? Je ne sais pa. I did get the package from the Ellsworth's though. Now I have lots of Easter stuff. :) HAPPY EASTER! MERRY EASTER... HAVE A GOOD ONE! ;)

.


Alright so Wednesday we had transfer meeting and guess what?!? Sis. McCloy, my companion at the MTC, is now my companion again! :) And technically we are supposed to be trained for 12 weeks... well we're finishing each others training. So it's been officially interesting. It's just a good thing we've both learned so much. Now we're training each other the stuff we learned from our trainers. It's lots of fun! I love Sis. McCloy. She is so much fun and she inspires me to be better.... and more humble. (Mosiah 4:11-12)

.

Yes, you've heard right, we're working at the Institute at SDSU. We actually cover a pilot program called The Center which incorporates Institute "the Tute", 18th ward and 9th ward, both singles wards. It's fun but Sundays can be very long, being in church for 9 hours... yeah... it's alright. And one of the wards is less talkative so sometimes its difficult for us to always enjoy taking members to that ward. But we're working on all three things right now, So we're constantly at the center just trying to talk to people and get to know members, inspire everyone we meet, meet with nonmembers, plan and help out in activities, etc. It's pretty much like being back in the Singles ward back home so I have to constantly remind myself that I'm a missionary and I have stuff to do. We occasionally go to the campus to talk to people but I haven't really gone since I've been here.

.


I love working there, I really enjoy everything about it. We work with two other missionaries there, Elders Yi and Davis. And I don't think we're related to Elder Davis... but we did both have to give talks on Sunday in the 18th ward! It was actually really fun, I talked about things I've learned as I've been a missionary. It was really scary/good to talk. :)

.


I think my hardest struggle this transfer is going to be opening up to talk to people mor because both Sis. McCloy and I are quietish, and I'll have to work with someone who has been driving me crazy. He just won't listen to anyone, and he always thinks he's right... SO i'm learning patience and humility right now. I really need it. But I love working with the Denlers and they are both such a fun couple. I was looking for them and then the first day we were transfered into the center I met them and it was a bunch of "no ways," "I know them too," and "they're awesome." Haha it was fun. They are awesome missionaries and we're sad to see them go next month.

.


As for Clairemont, no one is baptized yet, two of them can't be baptized on their date because they didn't go to church and the other one, we're praying for him to be baptized this Saturday. But I don't here about what's going on. We visited Sis. Thomas and it went well. She is doing better, we took pictures with her and talked to her about life and Bro Thomas. She just keeps praying and we keep praying for him. He's the investigator we care most about from Clairemont. We shouldn't have favorites... but we do. And yes, Sis. Cluff with forever be a great friend. She's just all around awesome! :)

.


It sounds like eveyone is doing really well back home and that you all are having a blast. I pray for you all every day! Hey have you seen Elder, no longer Elder Cowan? It's weird that everyone is coming home now... :) OH! Guess what!? Amy Ruben is going on a mission!!! She is going to be serving in California too! Different mission but still cool! Haha And Maddy you better tell me when Becca gets engaged. ;) Check her facebook daily.

.


As for life, life is well, I'm learning a lot and loving it. I think days are naturally better when you teach people bc you are constantly inviting the spirit so the days have been slower as we don't teach much in the Center. But we're going to change that around starting this week. Pres wants us to find 3 new investigators this week! So we're going to be working on it!

.


Well I have to go right now but I thought I'd share some random bits of info:

I got 16 mosquito bites this week on my legs... from standing outside of a house talking. :P

I found out that the actor who played Gilbert Blythe is actually LDS and the reason he looks so much older in the 3rd movie is bc he served a mission in between. Cool huh?


When our investigator Alex, found out we were leaving he gave Sis. Cluff and I shirts that he spray painted. THey look awesome! I'll send a picture some time.


There are 3 of us from the MTC at the same time who are in the same district now! We actually make up half the district, Elder Saager, Sis. McCloy and I! IT's lots of fun.


Livy's birthday present may be a little late so I apologize.


Check out the new Joseph Smith movie on the internet!!! I want to see it so badly!

Last but Definitely not least, Elder Perry is coming to talk to us! I couldn't remember if I had told you or not. But he's coming to talk to us and we are opening two more stakes so pretty much all this splitting wards between missionaries is going to stop! And we may be moved in a week or two, no one knows yet!

.


Before I forget, we need to schedule a time for me to call you all on Mother's Day so let me know what time works best!

.


Well I love you all and hope you are all doing super well! Keep up the good work, study Preach my Gospel, it's awesome! And continue to be the best examples you can be! :) I love you!

.



Love Sister Davis

1 comment:

  1. Serving with the same companion from the MTC? That's amazing! Her enthusiasm for the work will make her very successful in bringing others unto Christ.
    Also, I'll keep Sister Davis updated on Becca. I will be up at BYU with both her and Matt. :)

    ReplyDelete