Friday, April 22, 2011

*Week 8 - Friday, April 22nd, 2011

Here's Maureen's email from two weeks ago that didn't send for some reason. You all get a double dose this week! Happy Easter to everyone. Thanks for sharing this experience with us. It makes it sweeter.

.

(FROM LAST WEEK SORRY)
Thanks Mom for the letter, don't worry I know you all didn't forget about me. :) Oh and Thanks for the package! I felt so special when I got it. :) Thanks for the cookies and goodies and yes one of those shirts was the correct red shirt I asked for. Funny how I thought there was only one I left behind. It was the stripped shirt. Thanks for the CDs too. We've been listening to them in the car all day. Tell Maddy thanks for putting them together... or writting on them... whatever it is she did. But I know that was her handwriting. :) And thank you for the elf stuff! I just barely ran out. :)
.

Well i hope everyone is doing well and that you all enjoyed General Conference! I thought it was absolutely fantastic. But I can't remember my notes right now so we'll have to discuss at a later date. I did however have a question answered by Elder Oaks' WHOLE talk. That was awesome.

.

As for missionary work, this week has been a slower week. We realized that most of our investigators are afraid of committments, so we're trying to figure out how to get them to commit and at the same time we realize we need to find more people. I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone and talk more. It's working... :) The only person we really talked to and felt really good about was Sara. We finally saw her again and her mom wasn't there. Hallelujah! We talked to her and she's doing so much better and we taught her how to pray! Well her dad came over, and he's a big guy so we were nervous, especially bc we've gone to his house before and he pretty much closed the door in our faces... pretty much. But because we were playing with his granddaughter he seemed to like us more. ha! It was awesome! And we're trying to meet with her tonight too!

.

I'm sorry I don't have any cool amazing stories but I could tell you about my district right now. We have Hmong elders, Spanish elders, ASL elders and English Sisters. Pretty much the most diverse district ever! But they're all awesome! We do things pretty much every P-day together bc we are all buddy buddy. :) Last time we did play frisbee! But no mom, I couldn't show off any as it was slightly windy... and I don't have any skills to show off anyhow. Oh well. :) But it was lots of fun and we got to know everyone a little better. Elder Bennet is a spanish elder and he's just goofy. Elder Scoresbe, Bennet's companion, is from Alaska and yes I already asked him if he knew the Tanners, he said it was a possibility. I guess it is a big state. Then we have Elder Insong (Hmong elder) from the Philipines who pretty much has a fiance back home, they have the day picked and everything... it's ... interesting, for lack of a better word. His Companion is Elder Blatter who is leaving next week and today was his last P-day, hence the California Burrito meal for lunch today. I don't know the ASL elders at all, Elder Taylor reminds me and Sis. Cluff of Handsome Rob from the Italian job, in the way he acts. Haha he and his companion Elder Porras are hillarious. And you already know Sis. Mitchell. Sis Park is super funny, always witty humor and is super sarcastic. We get along swimmingly. :)
.

Well! Time for random facts. Fact: Sammy Baugh who is 8, a member, and lives right behind us, is a mennace. Love him dearly, he likes to attack the house while we're studying and he and his friend through their birds at our door on Saturday mornings, yes, live birds. Why? We figure that's their way of flirting with the sister missionaries. It's not cute. ANYway, I have a dictionary and now whenever I don't understand a word completely I look it up. mom, I thought you'd be proud. haha.

.

Fact: Sis. Cluff is teaching me a bit of Tagalog. Guess what this means, Pananampalatya. Faith. That's right I know, Magaling (which I always thought was the verb for being a muggle) but it means talented. It's my favorite word. ;) haha Fact: last night during daily planning, Sis Cluff and I talked in a Brittish accent for so long that I thought we really were brittish for a while. I thought Jono would be proud. Fact: I have a candy drawer. yes. it's true. And Sis Cluff laughs at me because I always add something new each week. I am eating constantly. I have protein bars every day and I have to bring snacks and candy to keep me going, is it healthy... asi asi, but at least I don't starve right? :D Hey Mom, could I get Aunt Diana's address and Aunt Janelle's as well? Thanks. :)

.

Ok that's it of my life.
Mom - that's so cool that you got to see Manhatten Transfer, Dad must love you or something. ;) How are the Temple trips coming? Are you getting ready for Livy's baptism? When is it at? Are you excited to have your sisters visit? I saw the pictures and I don't even know what to think. The room looks awesome but it is totally not my room anymore! And thanks for the pictures of everything else. I loved them. And I definitely approve of Maddy and Erin's hair cut! They're cute but I'm shocked that Maddy chopped it! Yes we watched conference and loved it. And I hope your meeting went well today. It sounds like you are all doing well and on top of everything! that's awesome! And good luck with Pete, pray about it and I know you will make the best decision. :) Love you Mom!

.

Dad- how is extra work going? And how is normal work coming? Are you getting lots of consults? Who took my place at work? How's life? Thanks for the letter you sent me! You know you could have mailed it just in the envelope. Haha. But thank you so much I loved it. And Sis. Cluff says hi to you all back. I love you so much dad!

.

Maddy- Thank you for the E-mail, if you e-mail me again next week I promise I'll actually respond to you in e-mail. :) And you and Erin and Emmy and Olivia should write me on e-mail each week. That's be fun to talk to you all on email! Well I love you and I approve of your hair cut! Good luck with BYU. you'll get in - just make sure you tell them everything! Haha

.

Erin- I love you and mom says you're doing really well. How did you enjoy conference? Did you ask a question? Sorry apparently my letter came a bit late. I hope school is going well and mom tells me that you're having lots of fun Lauren Beavers! Thats awesome. P.S. I love your haircut! It's super cute!

.

Emmy- I love you and I'm so glad you're enjoying softball. Keep playing hard and work on that pitching arm! And have fun in gymnastics! Have mom send me pictures of you. P.S. you sent me your letter to Joey... Should I forward it on? :) haha

.

Olivia - I love you write down some jokes for me! I want to hear them. Tell mom to write down your jokes. I missed your letter this week. :( Write me next time.

.

I love you all! I'm glad everything is going well! I love you all soooo much! Keep up the good work! And enjoy the pictures! :) i'll send more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment