Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Week 11 - Wednesday, April 27th, 2011

So I know I usually don't write till later, but today we're going to Carlsbad to listen to Elder L. Tom Perry! And we're actually leaving in 40 min. So this note is going to be short, sweet and to the point. I hope you got my Easter letters to the family in time! And let me know what time you can talk on Mother's Day!
.
Okay, so as for this past week. It's been a real challenge. I've been trying to learn patience and humility and charity for people. It's been a hard lesson to learn but Heavenly Father is teaching me. It's really difficult for me to work with someone who just won't listen to anyone else's ideas and who thinks they know everything. But I've learned that everyone thinks differently and that sometimes I just won't be able to understand how they think. In those cases I just have to listen and be attentive and try to be a peace maker. I've learned that I can learn a lot from others even if that's not what they're trying to teach you or if they're talking about something completely different. I can learn by the Spirit and usually that is what I need more than what anyone else can tell me.
.
I'm sorry this is going to be a very uneventful letter this week. I have learned a lot about myself. (A lot of stuff I didn't Want to know about myself) So I'm trying to correct my bad behaviors and habits and learn to be bendable and maleable so the Lord can mold me the way that will be best for me. It's just been a LONG learning process. But I think I'm finally getting it. :)
.
I love you all so much! I'm so grateful to be out here and for the blessings I've received from a loving Heavenly Father. I'm grateful for the Atonement and I've realized that it doesn't need to just play a role in the sins you make but it can help us overcome our bad habits. I love my Heavenly Father and I love my Savior! I pray for you each day and I hope life is going well back in AZ! I love you all Sooooo much! I'm super excited for Mother's Day and I hope you're all happy! :) Love ya!
.
Love, Sister Davis
.
Oh My Goodness!
I can't believe I almost forgot all the exciting things that happened this week.
1. We taught a class at SDSU. As in we as missionaries had a slide presentation about our church. We were teaching a religion class and there were lots of awkward questions asked that were difficult to answer but I think we did our best and it turned out alright. There was a girl who came up afterward to pretty much tell us that what we believed was wrong, we said we wanted to meet with her later, she came yesterday and we talked to her about what she believed and what we believed and found out it wasn't that different. :) So we'll see her again next week.
.
2. Alex (little Alex - not the one who spray painted shirts for us) from Clairemont got baptized!!! I was able to attend the Baptism and sing a musical number with Sister Cluff! We sang How Great Thou Art, no piano (bc we found out 5 hours before!) and we harmonized quite nicely. ;) It was lots of fun to see all my old pals from the ward. :) We are so happy for Alex and the choice he made! It's awesome how people can change and be brought to know more about their Father in Heaven and what He wants for us!
.
3. I'm singing again in the Fireside this next Sunday! There's 9 of us singing a beautiful arrangement. I'm so glad I get to sing here. I absolutely love it! Oh and I'm singing a duet with our new zone leader Elder Powell. He's playing the guitar. (I want to learn to play the guitar when I get back... for real this time) :)
.
Haha I think that's about it for this week. I'm opening up more with the members, thanks to Heavenly Father and I love our wards. We have some really awesome members that I absolutely love!
.
Ok now I'm done for real! I'll talk to you next week! :)
Love Sister Davis

2 comments:

  1. I would love to continue to read more of Sister Davis' letters if you have them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE to read these Letters!!! THANKS FOR POSTING THEM~!!

    ReplyDelete