Thursday, March 1, 2012

Week 50 - Thursday, March 1st, 2012

Dear Family and Friends... yeah! :)
.
Hey I love you all. I've had a great week. From meeting with Elder Zwick, twice, in zone leader council and zone conference, to the miracles we've had with some less actives coming back to church, to our exchange with the spanish sisters. It's been a good week. I wrote down Lots of notes from Elder Zwick but they have all seemed to escape my mind. I do remember that he warned us to protect our companions from making mistakes and not being exactly obedient because that can lead to bigger things. And I remember how much he and his wife stressed using Preach my Gospel, not only as missionaries but as members. It just states our doctrine so purely and simply. It was great and I'll have to share more of my notes when I get home. :)
.
As for the exchange it was good, I'm getting better at knowing what to do for these sisters. Sister Hansen and I talked about the vision and goals we have for our sisters and I'm excited to work more with them. In fact I'm going to be with Sis. Hudson again this friday! I'm excited to be with her again and see how she's doing. We're singing in the upcoming fireside in Poway. Which reminds me, today when I was at the Temple I saw Sis. Davis and Brother Gaughan, both wonderful members I served with up in Green Valley! It was so cool to see them there. And Sis. Davis did a double take when she saw me. :) I also saw Sis. Tengburg, another one from Green Valley at our zone conference lunch. I love Green Valley people. :) It was a really good day at the Temple today too. We had some investigators that we prayed for there and I think we have some ideas of what we can do with them so I'm excited.
.
As for the miracles with some less actives. There was this lady who hasn't gone to church in forever. She just didnt think it was important, so we talked about the sacrament and preparing for it. It was like a light went on and she realized that she needed to prepare so she said "sisters, I'll be there. and I'll prepare too." She was there just as she said! Even though her grandson was in the hospital. Her home teacher went and gave him a blessing after church and when they gave the blessing, the spirit was so strong that an athiest who was dating this lady's daughter asked to learn more about that feeling. So on friday we taught him and he was excited to learn more. I know that Heavenly Father blesses us with miracles when we are working hard. We've been so blessed lately. I love this work and everything about it! I hope you are all doing well and staying humble and keeping up a great relationship with our Father in Heaven. He loves us and wants only the best for us. I know that is true and I love sharing it every day of my life. :)
.
Love Sister Maureen Davis
.
Ps - I love working with the people in El Cajon. I love to "consider their potential. From the day they arrive on the planet, blinking step into the sun. There's more to see than can ever be seen, more to do than - no hold on. Sorry, that's the Lion King. But the point still stands: leave them alone!" Okay sorry I had to throw that on. Sister Turner's sister sends her a Dr. Who quote every week so I thought I'd share the latest one, just for you mom. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment