Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 49 - Thursday, February 9th, 2012

Dear Family,
.
This has been a Very exciting and busy week. For starters the whole mission got shifted. haha in other words about 75% of the missionaries got switched. Sis. Park is training and she got sent to Imperial Valley (or the desert) which is about a 2 hour drive away from everything, to whitewash an area where they mostly speak spanish. :) She'll probably learn a few spanish phrases. She's a great missionary so I know she will do well. I am now serving with Sis. Park's trainee, Sis. Turner. She's from Canada - my first foreign companion. I'm trying to learn canadian from her. :) She is a fabulous missionary and has the strongest desires to do what is right and bless everyone's lives. We are already off to a great start in teaching together. We also discovered that we have very similar likes, I don't know how we figured this out but we both absolutely love the movie Tangled, and Pride and Prejudice (6 hr version), and Dr. Who, she knows "My Turn on Earth" and we were singing the Golden Rule song the other day and to top it all off she is a fan of the Nancy Drew games. She about screamed when she found out I knew about them. Haha again, no idea how those subjects came up but I'm expecting other similarities. :) She's awesome and she keeps me laughing, which is great. We're having a lot of fun with the work.
.
Well back to transfer meeting, so since Hermana Petty (the spanish training sister) left they've needed to fill the spot and since Sis. Park is going to the desert she won't be able to come and do exchanges every week so... President called Hermana Hansen and I in and we are now the new training sisters. Oh boy. So I get to go on exchanges with sisters every friday starting this friday and I go to meetings twice a month for leadership and zone councils. So far I'm learning a lot and I really think Heavenly Father has a lot of things for me to learn, not only from other sisters but other elders too. The only real scary part is that both Hermana Hansen and I are new to this together so we're trying to figure it out. It'll be entertaining.
.
Well, this month is our yearly mission tour, so Elder Zwick from the first Quorum of the 70 will be coming to train us, tour our mission and speak at our zone conference. I'm excited! He will be training us in a zone council meeting on Tuesday the 21st so I will be having preparation day and emailing on Monday the 20th instead, just so you know. :) And he's going to interview certain missionaries too. We're excited to learn from a general authority and I know it will be a great experience too. President and Sister Clayton tell us that he's very enthusiastic so it will be lots of fun. :)
.
I'm sure I'll get your letters today and I'm so excited to hear from you! I got Olivia's valentine last week. It was so cute, I loved it and I showed it to all the sisters at our transfer meeting. Thanks Olivia! I also had lots of fun with the bubble wrap and popped ever bubble. ;)
.
The last piece of news is that Beth and Ruth will not be able to be baptized this saturday, Ruth's dad needs to sign the parental permission slip and he wants a few more weeks. We actually might start teaching him. So we'll see but they're going to postpone the baptism for a few weeks. We're a little sad but not heartbroken. They really want to get baptized and I know Heavenly Father will bless them with miracles.
.
Well I love you all and I wish you the best in all the activities you are busy doing. I love you all Bunches!
.
With love,
Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment