Thursday, March 29, 2012

Week 53 - Thursday, March 29th, 2012

Hey Family- I hope you got the pictures and have been able to look at them (from my st. patty's day package). I figured that would be easier then sending memory cards home.
There's so much to share this week that I don't know exactly where to begin...
.
This week has been an MTE week and it'll continue for the rest of this week as well. Basically we all get together in different groups of zones to listen to President and talk about what we could do better - whatever he feels inspired to talk about. Well after the first MTE there is something called coaching, where a coach goes out with a companionship and helps them throughout the day to apply what they've learned. Well as a trainer sister I get to go coach half of the proselyting sisters companionships, usually the english ones. To prepare us, we had a leadership training meeting with President and the Mission Department (which was a special treat).
.
So for starters Sister Clayton came out with us Tuesday evening to coach us, then we had the leadership training meeting on Thursday which was an all day event. The head person over the proselyting department actually was the mission president in Mesa, Arizona about 5 years ago. Go figure. It was really good and we learned a LOT! I really couldn't tell you all of it now... so you'll have to wait till I get home. :) But the biggest thing we talked about was teaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ because that is really the core of Everything. And how better to explain that we believe in Christ than to teach His doctrine and how we follow Him. It was really neat and that is something I will strive to apply throughout my mission. I also realized how little time I have left. Because of this, my companion and I have made a decision that we cannot talk about home.... because it just wouldn't help. It's helped in that we are more focused and I love it. I'm truly trying to apply the Gospel in my life and in my teachings and I'm loving everything I'm learning.
.
Well Friday I went and coached Sis. McCloy and Lee after their MTE - which was lots of fun to be with them in my old area Clairemont. We saw lots of miracles. Then yesterday, after my own MTE, I went with some spanish sisters. It was hard. I understood a lot of what they said but I couldn't say much back so I was shockingly quiet. But we saw a huge miracle last night and I was able to bear my testimony along with the other sisters amidst a lot of contention in this family. I said it in English but one of the sisters translated it and the spirit was soooo strong. We all testified of the Savior, of His divine roll and of our Father's Plan for us. It was the most powerful lesson I've been in for a while. And even though there was contention before and we were so confused, as we testified the Spirit touched all of the hearts there and everyone was silent. It was just so powerful. :) So tomorrow I'll be going with Sister Mitchel and sister Richardson to Green Valley and then I'll be with Sis. Park on Friday in Imperial Valley - which is like 4 hours from home. haha Anywho.
.
I love working with these sisters, they are so great and I am so fortunate to see miracles with them. It's the greatest assignment Ever! I realized just the other day why Heavenly Father gave me this assignment. Before going to El Cajon I think I was getting a little lazy in Green Valley. Not terribly but I know I wasn't giving my all. Now Heavenly Father is telling me that I have more to give and He's giving me motivation to do it - I have to be able to help other sisters so I better get it myself. :) It's a gentle reminder from Heavenly Father that I need to change and give more of myself.
.
Well the last thing I wanted to talk about was about church last Sunday. Our ward is truly becomming a missionary-minded ward. Last week was fast Sunday and everyone who got up bore their testimony about a missionary experience they've had lately. It was really neat. Bishop also got up and bore his testimony. He's been working with a family that has basically asked him if he knew of any churches they could attend. He's pretty excited. He also met with elder Hainey who is over our area this past week. Elder Hainey said that today it isn't missionary work we're doing as members of this church, it's Gathering Israel. It is the time to prepare for the second coming. We are the voice of warning, yet also the voice of comfort and assurance that all who follow Chirst's doctrine will find peace and joy. It's so neat to share that with others. And there are people who have that Israelish gene, they are looking for home and are waiting to find it. They are all around us. Sometimes they will ask us to find home and sometimes we need to invite them. But if we open our mouths we will be able to bring so many of God's children back home and how great will be our joy! :)
.
I love this work! I love all that I get to do every day and I'm still trying to become a better person. I hope that the Lord can mold me into the person I need to be and that I'll be humble enough to listen. That is my constant prayer and I'm grateful that the Lord allows me to learn and grow. :) I Love you all and hope all is going well back home! Talk to everyone and share who you are with them. You never know who is ready to hear the gospel message.

Lots of Love,
Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment