Thursday, January 5, 2012

Week 45 - Thursday, January 5th, 2012

Thank you Everyone for the Birthday wishes! That was so sweet of you. :)
.
I couldn't hear your voices on the video but I imagined they were beautiful! :) I'm so grateful to be here on a mission. And it's been a very very good birthday so far, I'll argue to say the best! I miss family of course but my lovely companion delayed getting ready this morning to make me a small chocolate birthday cake and then she wrote with an eraser on the mirror Happy Birthday Sis. Davis <3 I almost missed it! haha we went to the lighthouse today and my last companion, Sis. Hudson called to sing happy birthday, and I'm going to see her and Sis. Nichols tomorrow at a baptism!!! Staci New in our ward is getting baptized tomorrow after a lot of hard work and effort. :) We're so excited for her. She's been investigating the church for over a year now. Anywho.... I got the package today! It was awesome. I'm wearing the bracelet right now, I love the necklace, I'm excited for the teeth whitener and for listening to my ipod in the car now! And I got so excited when I saw my favorite cake and candles. man! you guys know me soooo well! ;) I told sis. Park that was my favorite cake earlier so we were both laughing when I found it. Thank you all! Oh and we went to In and Out, yum! and we went to the Lighthouse with our zone, minus the zone leaders. It was lots of fun. We have an australian elder so I naturally begin to try speaking like him and then he mimics american, it's quite entertaining. :) ps was the ipod shuffle for me or was that accidently in my package? :)
.
Anywho, awesome birthday! And to top it all off with a strawberry on top, we get to go to Book of Mormon study tonight! It's the best thing ever. Learning about the book of mormon with a bunch of members, less actives and investigators, it's the best thing ever! I'm sooo excited. :)
.
Welp... Life has been good, the work has been hard but really neat. Sis. Park and I are working our tails off, we're going to be the best missionaries we can be and I'm so excited! We're striving to be exactly obedient so we can have the spirit more in our lives, we're trying to be bold and loving, and we're trying to be better teachers. It is going to be an amazing experience! I also have a half companion as my companion is a sister trainer. She goes on exchanges each week and she is in charge of all the full-time proselyting sisters. So while she's on exchanges with others I go on exchanges with the other trainer sister's companion, Sis. Rudd. We cover both my english area, which is huge and her spanish area, which covers a stake. I got to meet with some of her investigators and try using my spanish skills.... I really need the spirit and the gift of understanding tongues. I just can't do it alone. But it's been good. I love both my real companion and my half companion. They both teach me a lot and I really have been working on humility lately. It's been a good lesson to learn. :)
.
So miracle this past week. There is a couple we're working with who literally only have a trailer... that's all they have. The lady's name is Donna and she's been married to someone for 16 years now and trying to get a divorce because he's abusive. She's been living with her boyfriend because they don't have any other place to go as they're so poor. So naturally she can't get baptized till she gets married or moves, she can't get married till she's divorced and she can't move out or she'll be on the street... lots of hardships. So she and her boyfriend Ron have been praying for a miracle. Well on wednesday Donna was out working for the owner of the trailer park they're at (who's mormon) and she heard someone say her name. Guess who moved in RIGHT across the street? It was her husband who's been avoiding her for the past 15 years. She asked him if he'd sign the divorce papers and he said he would! Turns out he trims trees and he just got a job at the house across the street and he was willing to get the papers signed. So Saturday, New years Eve, and Dad's birthday (by the way, Happy Late Birthday Dad!) he was served the papers and in 6 months they'll be divorced.
.
What a way to start off the new year. They have a wedding and baptism set for the 1st of July. We are SOooo happy for them! It was truly a blessing and a miracle from God, and they know it. :)Well I love you all! Thanks for the birthday presents and wishes! :) Know that everything is going well here and I'm loving my mission as always.
.
Love ya! Love, Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment