Thursday, December 29, 2011

Week 44 - Thursday, December 29th, 2011

Dear Family and Friends,
.
Thank you for all the warm Christmas wishes! I hope I may be able to send thank you notes to everyone but in case I can't know that I felt very loved this Christmas and I couldn't have asked for anything more! It was a wonderful Christmas as it was on a Sunday and we really got to Celebrate Christ's birth. I think it was my absolute Favorite Christmas! :) I'm so glad we have the opportunity to celebrate the life of our Savior! And I hope I can remember to celebrate it Every day of my life. :)
.
Okay okay, you're probably wondering about transfers... so I am now in El Cajon specifically in the Granite Hills ward. I live 5 minutes away from the Mission Home (so President can keep an eye on me) and my new companion is Sis. Park. We actually served in the same ward when I first came to San Diego (in Clairemont) so I already know her fairly well. She's Awesome! She is a hard worker and a dedicated servent and the first day she told me that she is so happy that I am her companion and that she wants to be exactly obedient. So that's what we're doing, being exactly obedient and working really hard. We are going to get a lot of things done in El Cajon! And the most important thing is that it won't be us, it will be the Lord working through us because we're giving our all to follow Him. I am soooo excited for this transfer! It's going to be good. And I love my area already, it's a bit more humble than Green Valley and there are so many members who want to help and so many people who are looking for the truth. We caroled with our district every night this past week and got so many potentials from it. We're excited to work with these people.
.
Well Life is good. I'm not feeling sick at all mom so I think I'll be quite alright. Thank you for worrying about me. It's nice to be worried about. :) And President hopefully will get over His pnuemonia shortly. :) Other than that I have not much else to share this week... I kinda told you everything on Christmas. But girls, know that I love you sooooo much! And I'm sorry I couldn't talk to you more, but I promise I'll spend Tons of time with you after my mission. Promise!!! :)
.
Two quick stories from this week:
.
1. My third day in the area I invited a woman to be baptized and after a little bit she said she would. As I didn't know her very well it didn't shock me as much as it did Sis. Park. She was so happy, she couldn't contain her excitement. Apparently she has been trying to work with this woman for a while and she barely opened up to the missionaries a week before. They had one strong lesson with her and then we up and invite her to be baptized her second real lesson. Needless to say, she was exstatic.
.
2. Last night we were trying to catch a lady that we've been trying to teach for a while. She meets with us once a week and usually never more than that. Well we really think she could be baptized this weekend so we wanted to meet with her. We ended up driving by her place and found one of our strong investigators outside her house working on her car. So we talked to him for a little bit and then she came out and we talked to them both. We bore testimony of the wonder of this gospel and out investigator Ron, who has a very strong testimony of the Book of Mormon, bore his testimony to her! She was listening so intently! It was a really neat experience. And to think, all our plans that night had fallen through, and had we not followed the Spirit we wouldn't have witnessed this miracle. Her heart was softened and she's praying to know if she should get baptized It was such a neat experience!
.
I also had an epiphany last night as we visited this humble member. I know why we are here on earth. I've always known but now I Know! We are here to become like our Heavenly Father. Our Savior is the perfect example so we must follow Him. But that's why we have church, the Temple, the scriptures, the Prophets, Everything... to become like our Savior and Heavenly Father. I know there is no other way to come nearer to our Savior then through the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. :)
.
I love His gospel and I love the peace I feel as I bear testimony to others.I love you all and I hope you had a very merry Christmas, and that you have a Happy New Year! I'll talk to you again on mi cumpleanos hahaha.
.
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment