Thursday, January 26, 2012

Week 47 - Thursday, January 26th, 2012

It sounds like Maureen is really having a great experience with her newest companion. We're so grateful that she is happy and progressing. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for her. I know that they help her.
.
Candi
.
.
Dear everyone!
.
I'm sorry I don't have too long to write but I do have a few things to share. Not so much about the miracles this week but more on the side of what I've been learning this week. Heavenly Father truly has a plan for us and He's organized it so well that I don't believe anything is a coincidence. :)
.
For starters, I have an amazing companion that is teaching me so much. She is a hard worker and teaches me how to work more effectively and helps me know what I'm supposed to do. But what I've really been impressed about and what I'm really learning from her is my purpose as a missionary. And I've begun to realize what I'm Really doing here on my mission. I'm bringing people to the gospel and helping them receive those saving ordinances that Only come through Christ's church. Not just non-members but members alike. When I get home I will know and hopefully will always remember what I must do as a member of Christ's church, help Everyone receive those ordinances! Never will you see me miss church (unless it's a dire circumstance) because the Sacrament is far too important. Never will I slack in my callings because the people whom I serve are far too important for me to be lazy or "too busy." Never will I pass up an opportunity to go to the Temple and perform those sacred ordinances for those who have never had the opportunity. Never will I Not teach my children about their Savior because they need that testimony early on in life. And Never will I forget what my Savior has done for me. I will wear out my life in serving Him. That is what my mission has taught me. :)
.
He has a work for me to do, and something I learned this past Sunday is that I need to have more faith in His plan. This past Sunday was stake conference. Only it was a regional conference for all of Southern California, so a few members of the 70, Sister Thompson of the Relief Society presidency and Elder Perry spoke to us. I loved all of their talks! Elder Johnson spoke to us about faith and how many of us feel that faith is, "if I pray long enough or if I fast enough I will get what I want because I have faith that God will give it to me." I used to think that way too. When I was about 8 I thought I had enough faith like Peter, and if I used my faith I could walk on water like him! I tried, several times, to walk on the water in my pool. Unfortunately I just kept falling in. However, in my eight-year-old mind I reasoned out that if Heavenly Father ever needed me to walk on water He would let me (like if someone was drowning or something). I almost figured it out that day I tried walking on water. Faith isn't hoping for something long enough to get it, praying about it and fasting over it tirelessly. It is believing that God has a plan for me, even though I can't see what that plan is right now; it's knowing that He has a plan for me that will lead me to true and lasting happiness that I can't even fathom in this life. And then working on following HIS plan to bring me to that place. We exercise that faith when we pray to know His plan and let His plan come to pass and help us on the way when it's hard. That is faith. So when it comes to walking on water, if it's part of His plan for my happiness, it will happen. But regardless of whether I walk on water or not, I know I will be happy as I follow His plan for me. :)
.
I love Heavenly Father, He loves me, He has a plan for me and He wants me to succeed in that plan. He encourages me to walk the path of faith with Him, though I cannot always see the way. He gives me an iron rod to hold on to: scriptures, Prophets, revelation. And most importantly He gave me a Savior, who is Christ the Lord; who redeems me, who enables me and who provides resurrection and a possibility of Eternal Life. His plan is flawless and perfect and I love it. I love teaching it, I love sharing it and I love seeing it light others lives. I love my missionary service and I couldn't be near as happy without it. :)
.
I love you all!
.
Love, Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment