Thursday, November 17, 2011

Week 39 - Thursday, November 17th, 2011

Haha other than the fact that Honey has glowing green eyes I love your thanksgiving lesson! I'm so glad that my absence hasn't kept it from going strong. :)
.
Thank you for your letter! I have to be fast as our time is limited but know that I love you all and I'm thinking about you and praying for you daily! And thanks Mom for the "mushy stuff," it was much needed. :)
.
So to answer some of your questions and share some wonderful miracles lately...Sister Nichols is fabulous! She's teaching us a lot, like how to talk to people. :) She's very good at getting to the point, which I need. She's been on her mission for a year now and she'll be in San Diego till February. We have been busy with her here and we are constantly teaching Todd, a father in a part member family, who is getting Baptized on Saturday! We are over the wall excited, he's changed so much! We've also worked with him a lot! He started off not even believing in God and now he believes President Monson is a Prophet called of God (for the "sandiegoites" it's really hard to believe a living day prophet).
.
President's interview was good, there's not much to say about it as it lasts all of 2 minutes. He asks us how we're doing, and maybe one other question and then it's over. So it was really good. We actually just had Zone conference yesterday, it was fabulous! Our stake president of the Poway stake came to talk to us and he is such a great man. We love him so much, he really has the spirit with him whenever he talks, and he's typically a quiet man, so when he talks it's amazing to feel the authority in his voice. Well we learned a lot more ways to find people and we learned this fun game called Busc (aka Buscar - to search). Someone starts reading out loud in the Book of Mormon and then everyone else has to find the passage and start reading along, the first to find it is the next to read first. It's really fun but almost stressful in front of President. Haha, however, surprisingly, I know the scriptures better then I thought, or I got lucky. :)
.
Are the Larsen's coming for thanksgiving? Oh and we are going to a member's house for dinner on Thanksgiving. And all of their 4 boys will be there. Sister Davis ( a member in our ward whom I love :) ) mentioned that it was more like a triple date with us three sisters. Good thing I'm focused on missionary work.
.
Okay as for the miracles! Last Tuesday night we had invited a lady, Karen, we had met with several times to a relief society exercise activity, she came to the activity Tuesday and all the sisters in the ward introduced themselves and were very friendly. So a few days later we went to follow up and ended up teaching her about how we can have the spirit with us always; she can have God's presence with her always which is her huge desire. She also mentioned that she many times asked for answers but never recognized them so we invited her to pray to see if we had what she needed. She said she would and after having several meetings with her that led to no-where, we finally got somewhere and she is a new investigator! Well we set up a time to meet with her again but it was far away so Sis. Nichols said we should drop by with something and invite her to church. So we dropped by with Sis. Hudson's home-made muffins and left them with Karen's son with the message that we'd love it if they could come to church on Sunday at nine. We didn't think he would forward the message but we hoped he might.
.
Saturday night we had 30 min left before going back home and we didn't know what to do. It was pouring outside and we really just wanted to go home. We decided to pray about it and I felt like we needed to go to this potentials house. I realized that I could dismiss the thought but as soon as I thought that I realized that I needed to give up on all my anxieties and just do God's will. So we went to this woman's house and she came to the door very uninterested and would have shut the door in our face if the dog hadn't come outside. She told us we couldn't come back, so I was a bit disappointed but I realized that even when Abraham was told to sacrifice Isaac and the angel stopped him, it wasn't pointless, Abraham realized that he would always do the Lord's will no matter what. I felt like I learned that lesson so I was satisfied.
.
Well Sunday we were running a little late to church. We made it there 5 minutes early and noticed someone who looked a lot like Karen sitting next to Bro. Burt. So we walked up to them and realized it was Karen, and she had brought her husband! HUGE Shock! We were smiling for hours on end. Heavenly Father truly does bless us when we do His will.
.
Well I don't have much else to say. Keep up the good work. Thank you for all your prayers! And I love you all! Good luck in all your endeavors and may the Lord bless you for them.
.
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment