Thursday, November 10, 2011

Week 38 - Thursday, November 10th, 2011

Here's the latest from Maureen, it sounds like transfers went well. She's still in the same area but has a third sister in her companionship again. She'll be used to that this time. Thank you for all of your prayers on Maureen's behalf. I know she feels and appreciates them.
.
Dear Mom and others... :)
.
Thank you for your letter. One comment you gave made me think of Heavenly Father talking to Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden. He gave them commandments and told them what they needed to do to live in His presence, however He told them that they had the freedom to choose for themselves. So when they chose to eat of the fruit it was their own choosing, they couldn't blame God for Making them eat the fruit which wound them up in this desert wasteland where they had to work, sweat, be mortal, etc. Instead they freely chose to come amidst the trials in order to allow man to be. God doesn't make us do anything. He gives us commandments to help us be happy and because He has to have law and punishment to be a God (Alma 42 is a wonderful chapter explaining this). I chose to come on a mission on my own. I was told by many people that this would make me happy and that if I did this I would be blessed but in the end it was my choosing that led me to be here. I did receive guidance and I am so grateful for it. Without that guidance, from grandparents, parents, family and friends I probably wouldn't be out here in the first place. Just think about that, without people to guide us who know better then us we'd all be fine and dandy but we wouldn't be joyous, we wouldn't find ultimate satisfaction in life without those people to guide us, like Prophets, apostles, etc. We can do well enough on our own but in the end, it is listening to the wise counsel of those who know better than me, then asking God myself if it is right and true that leads me eventually to the place that will give me greatest satisfaction. I love that. And I know I am in that place. :) Christ taught in parables so that those who were ready would understand, so I'm sorry if my "parables" are confusing, I'm not perfect. :)
.
I love you all and I don't have much to share other then the transfer story this week. We went to transfers and found out that our New companion is actually a sister from Temple square who gets 3 months out in the mission field. She's been on her mission for a year now so she has more experience in the field but she's now learning how to proselyte. It's slightly complicated as we are trying to work in everything we've learned and fit it all together. It isn't the easiest of processes but she's a great example. We love her already. Her name is Sis. Nichols and apparently Granddad, her dad works for CES. He is currently the Institute director in North Carolina. I don't know if you know him though. She is very funny and full of energy and she's going to be teaching us a lot about contacting people which will be good. Sometimes I wonder if we're having too much fun as a companionship... ;) haha I love it. Today we're going to Julian, to try out some of their pies. We'll have to take pictures and send them soon. :)
.
Know that I love you all and that I'm praying for you and hope you all have a great week! I'm sorry I can't write more, we're limited to an hour. Last note - I love what Erin learned this week and it's something we have to constantly remember and do, we need to pray to have those experiences so that we "retain in our remembrance" the greatness of God, that He loves us, He hears our prayers and answers them. It's something that I'm constantly trying to get better at and it's something that each and every one of us need to do repeatedly. Afterall that is what our Prophet told us we need to be doing right now. So thanks Erin. :)
.
I love you all and hope you are doing well!
Love Sister Maureen Davis
.
ps good job mom at making those comments on Mormon.org! Everyone should be making profiles, tis true. They are great resources for those who don't know anything about our religion. :) Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment