Thursday, July 21, 2011

Week 22 - Thursday, July 21st, 2011

Dearest Family,
.
Thank you for your letter, I know you are all busy so thanks for taking the time to write. I'm doing well... as for the new area, I'm in the New Poway stake, the place that we just acquired a few transfers ago so I'm pretty much at the tip of the mission, away from Everything! It's kinda sad bc I liked being in the middle of the hustle and bustle. But now I'm in a Very rich area. I live with a member who is rich and we pretty much live in a mansion. No big deal! haha it's really cool, I get to play tennis every morning on her private tennis court... I'm still not good though. I'm with Sis. McCloy still~ which means we whitewhashed the area. That's the 4th time this year for the ward we are in, Green Valley. They were pretty upset when they heard it was being whitewashed AGAIN. We called our ward mission leader and he told us how annoyed he was. Here we are two sisters who have only been on their missions for 5 months, who just got out of a very confusing area, who have only had trainers for 6 weeks and the rest of the time we've been trying to figure out everything on our own, who this is the first time for both of us to white wash and everyone in our ward is slightly upset... it's been a rough few days but thankfully because of it, we have needed to humble ourselves and we have to work harder then we've ever worked before. We cannot do this without Heavenly Father and we're so grateful for His help. Thank heavens for this Gospel and for the Atonement that helps us out in hard situations like these.
.
I have felt in increase in love and support and I'm so greatful for it. The ward is now very welcoming, we've met the people and already we love the ward. Our ward mission leader is now really good with us, we call him every other night to check in and let him know what's going on. I don't think I've ever talked to anyone in our wards this much haha. But it's been really good. The ward is beginning to trust us and realize that we are here for them and that all we want to do is to help. They are very open now and we are just trying to get to know everyone in the ward still. It's hard work but I love it. This ward is really good at fellowshipping, pretty much they ask us if they can come with us to our appointments and they wrap their arms around everyone who comes in. Now if they were just good at finding they wouldn't even need the missionaries haha.
.
Well I would write a lot more but we have limited time on the computers at the library. Hopefully next week we'll be down in SDSU area again visiting people and using the computers down there. :) Well I'm glad that everything is going so well! I'm glad that you all are doing well and enjoying your vacation. I hope you know I love you all so much! And really all I really need is prayers, for me for my investigators, etc. :) This is a hard time and we're trying to do our best to get through it as happy as possible. We made a list of goals we have for our companionship and the vision we have of working here, after that things have gone so much better so we have high hopes! We are working with a few people right now that I already love. We met them our first night here which was a big shock to them, seeing new missionaries, but we're working with Flo, a nonmember in a part member family, and she is making monumental strides already so we're excited for her. Though she doesn't admit it, we know that she knows this church is true, she just hasn't told her family yet which is scary for her. So we're helping her.
.
We're also working with another lady who is amazing, she is ready for baptism and she knows it is true but she is going to Iran this week so we have to wait till after for her to be baptized. And beacuse our ward was at the same time Alicia's baptism was, we weren't able to go, but we heard it was amazing and hopefully we will get pictures with her when we visit. :)
Well I don't know what more to say. The work is going well, we love our ward, it's hard but worth it. The funny thing is that the week before transfers I asked Heavenly Father to humble me because I know I can't get much farther without being humble... then I got sent here. I think I'm being humbled haha. We are hoping that we can be the best missionaries we can be and we're just hoping and praying for all the help we can get haha.
.
As for Tara, I actually have been thinking about writing her this week so thanks for the reminder. I will definitely send her a letter. I hope she is doing well at least and I know she is serving the mission the Lord has intended for her. :)
Well I love you all! I'll write more next week when it's less crazy. :)
.
Love ya!
Love Sister Davis
.
P.s. tell grandmommy and granddaddy I love them very much! And I hope they got my letter a while back.
P.s.s. I'll have to write more about my new mission pres. next time - honestly I don't know much about them bc I haven't really seen them since that first week but I'll let you know for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment