Thursday, July 14, 2011

Week 21 - Thursday, July 14th, 2011

Well, Transfers are tomorrow and Sis. McCloy and I got the call. We're leaving the center tomorrow. :( We are pretty sad about it because we love the singles here soooo much. They are just so awesome and full of energy! But I honestly think the elders in our district and who worked in the center with us are even more sad. (We cooked for a few of them) And apparently we keep everything lively in District meetings haha. I guess it comes as no surprise though as we've thought we were being transfered for the past two weeks. And we'll see tomorrow where we're going. We think we'll probably go up to the new stakes as everything down here is spanish proselyting. It'll be fun!
.
Other then that, things have been going really well here. We've been meeting with members and Alicia who is still getting baptized on Sunday and we're coming back for it. :) She's amazing. We actually met with her last night and her roommate decided to sit in on our lesson! First time we've met him and he asked if he could listen. We were teaching her commandments but we welcomed him. The only awkward thing was that we have no idea what commandments he's not keeping. We think he was drinking an alcoholic drink as we talked about the word of wisdom... it was interesting. But after all of us bore our testimonies we asked if he wanted to share anything and he said yes, "thank you, I really enjoyed the lesson." We happened to bring all the pamphlets with us so we told Alicia to leave them out for him to read. The really cool thing is that when we were deciding to take the pamphlets I just randomly thought, "Hey lets take all the pamphlets, she doesn't have any right now, so why not?" Then it just so happened that her roommate was there. What are the coincidences? :) sometimes inspired thoughts won't be a big thing, sometimes they'll come as just a thought.
.
This week has really been a good one. I learned a lot and I've felt the spirit so strongly this week. I really feel like I've been doing all that was right, I've been following the inspirations that I'm given. After watching Pres Monson's movie, On the Lord's Errand, I felt like I needed to follow promptings even more. SO I am trying my best and I want to always be on the Lord's errand as well.
.
I know this has been very short. I'm sorry, we have a lot to do today before we leave.
.
Mom a few notes:
1. Yes, that was a senior missionary, Elder Robison. We were taking goodbye pictures and we just have to be goofy and send it to you.
.
2. No President didn't change any rules yet, he wants to wait 6 months bc things are already working so well right now.
.
3. Thanks for the jokes mom :)
.
4. Bro Thomas DID get baptized and that was the best day of my entire mission! Sis. Cluff and I sang the Olive Tree. It was wonderful and I absolutely loved it. We were all crying, and Bro Thomas gave the best testimony ever! I really have never been so happy then at that moment. AND he told us that while Sis. Cluff and I were teaching him he found out he Was going to be baptized! He Knew and he didn't bother telling us till a transfer later. I guess he had a dream about it after one of my first visits there. We are so happy for him, and Sis. Thomas was exstatic! We promised to be there when they were all sealed together!
.
Well that's it for now, you'll find out next week where I'm going to go. Till then, love you all, keep doing your best, have fun at girls camp and enjoy living life! :)
Love, Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment