Thursday, May 26, 2011

Week 15 - Thursday, May 26th, 2011

I Love being a missionary!
.
Why do I love it today? Well, it's probably because members love missionaries. So much so in fact that they give us free gifts, such as bath and body works hand sanitizer - it smells so good, free Golden Spoon! and yesterday Josh told us that he was going to get Sis. McCloy and I free watches! Yes! P.S. Maddy I'm sad to say the watch you gave me has been so loved by me that it's practically falling apart. At least the strap is. And for some strange reason, it's turning pink.
.
Well other than that I love being a missionary because of all the cool experiences I get and the amazing people I meet! One of those people would be Roxanne. She's 6' and she wears 4" heels whenever she can. She's hillarious. The other day she was begging to go on splits with us. She is 27 and acts like she's 20 sometimes. I absolutely love her. Now, whenever she see's us she gives us some update on her life. The latest one is that she is going through the Temple for the first time on June 3rd!!! So that she could go to her sisters sealing the next day. She is actually going through the Mesa Temple! She'll be there at 1pm on the 3rd. I told her I'd let you know.
.
Another member that we enjoy working with is Sarah Chytraus. She is surrounded by non-members at work so she asks us how to answer their questions and she always hugs us and loves coming on splits with us. They're so awesome! Our members, the singles, are so full of promise and life. I love working with them.


Something else I found that I loved is reading General Conference talks. I've been reading them every time I can. I realized how pertinent those talks are in our lives. I mean I should've realized this already but I noticed it even more so now when I see what they are saying and how they pertain to people around me. Right now I have 3 favorite talks, there will probably be more later ;) but right now they're "What manner of men and women ought ye to be?" by Elder Robbins, "The eternal blessings of marriage" by Elder Scott and "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten." by Elder Christopherson. Each of them, though they seem to apply to specific audiences of which I'm not a part, have taught me things that I need to work on more.

.

In Elder Robbins, I need to be wise about what I say and what I mean, I've actually created a To Be list that I'm currently working on. Elder Scott taught me that the way I treat relationships with anyone is important and that I should always be letting others know how much they mean to me, and always love people even when you don't want to. In Elder Christopherson's talk I realized that I needed to be more aware of what Heavenly Father was trying to tell me and I need to be willing to take criticism. I think I've been getting better at that one and I'm working on all of the above. They are wonderful talks!

.


Well I don't really have anything else to report on. We're working with a few more investigators, we're still planning on Dessa's Baptism this weekend. She's still out on her ship so we have to wait till she gets back before we can make too many plans, but she's super excited and she's telling others about how she will go to the Temple soon. :) She is so happy! I love seeing that in others so much. Becky also has a baptismal date for June 4th. She is excited, and we don't really know what else to teach her. We give her something to read and she soaks it all in and asks us questions when she can. Recently she asked about the 12 apostles. When she realized we had a similar structure to when Christ was here on the earth she got even more excited. :) We're so happy for her. Just pray that her friend will be able to find some way to come here for her baptism!

.


Other than that, life is great! You all sound like you're doing wonderfully and that you are getting ready to relax for the summer! I love you all so much! You are fantastic! I pray for each of you every night and I know you are all doing wonderfully! Keep up the good work! Especially with studying PMG. That is wonderful! You guys are way too good. ;) I love you all and I hope you have a fabulous week! I'll talk to you on Tuesday!

.


P.S. I haven't been transfered so I'll be here for the next 6 weeks at least! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment