Thursday, May 12, 2011

Week 13 - Thursday, May 12th, 2011

Dear All -

The mission has been good. I usually take notes of things I want to say throughout the week so I don't forget in the excitement of typing. :) But this week I completely forgot as I was more preoccupied by the phone call I was making on Mother's Day. Mom- I sat there waiting for an hour with Sis. McCloy, trying to calm myself down so that I wouldn't cry while on the phone. I was sincerely surprised when I got on the phone and it felt like I was just up in school talking to you guys on Skype. I loved talking to you all!

.


And I know president trusts me. The other day President called because he thought we needed to make some changes, which we did. We talked to him about being worried some people wouldn't accept the changes even though we were Told by the President. So he told us he had complete trust in us (Sis. McCloy and I), that he liked our companionship, and that the others needed to learn something from us. I'm not going to lie I was sincerely surprised because for the longest time I thought President was sending me there to humble me completely (which he was to an extent) and to just learn. I'm glad to know that he trusts me and because of that I want to work all the harder. I guess I learned from that experience that when we are encouraged and told the good things we are doing, we want to do them more to prove ourselves worthy of those compliments. I should be better at doing that.

.


I love this mission! I hope you all have figured that out now. I am just truly ecstatic! And yesterday we had a Zone Conference. I think those are my favorite things ever. Pres. pretty much taught us how to work with ward council and some pretty cool doctrinal things about the second coming. (We thrive off of 2nd coming stuff - not gonna lie.) ;) Well we also listened to a talk Elder Holland gave the month before I arrived in the MTC. It was an absolutely amazing talk (as always) about what we need to be doing to be better missionaries. Mainly we need to Study MUCH better, We need to Plan More effectively and we need to Teach with a LOT more vigor and enthusiasm! he told us to be persistent and Pres helped us learn how to teach about the Book of Mormon more effectively. If I could have recorded yesterday's conference and played it over in my mind all night instead of slept I totally would have. :) I wish I could share more. Just know that I absolutely LOVE this Gospel and I want to have a greater Enthusiasm for it.

.


Elder Holland also said that the reason Preach My Gospel was made was for the Missionary (member) to become more converted to the Gospel so that they will stay in the church always. Pres. Hinckley told the missionary committee that however missionary work was working at the time, needed to change dramatically because the missionaries weren't staying converted to the gospel. And if the missionaries aren't converted - somethings wrong. Hence Preach My Gospel was made. It's Awesome. Everyone should study it. It's not just for missionaries at all. He also said something that astounded me. When I signed up to be a missionary, I didn't realize it would be a whole life/eternal thing. But it is. Just like Peter who was a disciple when Christ was on earth, he couldn't just go back out to fish and become the same person he was before after Christ died. Christ told him 3 times (By that time Peter was probably a little sensitive to three's) to go and Feed His Sheep. We are never finished! We have to keep serving our whole lives long. And all who have desires to serve Him are called to the work. We should All thrust in our sickles. for it is our divine calling, to become more like Him by serving others and bringing them to Him.

.

I love this gospel, I love serving, I love my Savior and I love you all!


Love, Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment