Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Week 3 - Tuesday, March 1st, 2011

Dear All,
Thanks for all the love and support! I'm still not really homesick which I take as a good sign bc I still have 17 months left of being homesick. I'm really surprised at how fast time flies out here! I can't believe I'm leaving tomorrow! I feel like I just got here yesterday and yet with everything I've learned in the meantime it's felt like 3 months. It's crazy! Thanks Emily for posting my letters!
.
I can't wait to here about Erin's call-backs! I bet she will get in both. The teachers love her there! And I surely hope Maddy gets into BYU. Lame ASU for being so rude. That's why I left that school. ;) Haha jk. Guess what?! I just ran into Markie! She's in vending and she was just stocking the laundry machine soap dispenser as I walked in the laundry room today. I told her you'd be jealous of her. ;) And yes, I did see Spencer, I mean Elder Griffin. I've actually seen him around a lot since he got here and he's doing well, just a little quieter than usual. :) He misses his friends. Emmy- deary! I love you so much! I didn't mean to make your note shorter - I just happened to write all the good stuff in a short amount of space, you get just as much love as everyone else! Promise. :) Livy-lou - I love you too! I hope you have fun at the Dr. Suess birthday party! I know you'll love that.
I'm glad the sunbeams are doing well. I miss them all.
.
I think I got all the letters from you, maddy and erin at least. I haven't heard from any Aunts, Uncles or Grandparents but please tell them all that I love them and miss them soooo much! I'm constantly reminded of the promise I made to Aunt Diana and Alison about swapping mission stories and we actually hear from Pres. Monson's daughter in relief society, Sis. Dibbs. She talked about how much her daughter loved her grandpa and it made me miss My Grandparents so much. I love you all and wish you well in everything! I'll probably call tomorrow at 6:10 just so that I make the plane in time. And you better realize how blessed you are NOT to wake up at 3 AM. I'm frantically packing today, trying to get everything in my suitcases, and the weight distributed so that I don't have to pay a fine.
.
Okay, for my investigators at the MTC. We taught a girl from China who didn't know anything about any religion, so we taught her and now we are best friends. She's going to BYU and she says she'll see me in a year and a half and when we get home we all have to be Facebook friends. She wants to write us so we gave her our address and took pictures with her. She is such a wonderful girl, just full of questions and wanting so much to have the happiness that everyone else here feels.
.
As for my teacher "investigators," well Drew was "baptized" on saturday so we rushed to teach him everything, thank heavens he didn't have a problem with anything but the word of wisdom and thank heavens he was so willing to change his life to follow God. If we were in the mission field I would consider him a golden investigator...kinda. Well Chris was a bit harder to crack but we got him to accept to be "baptized" in 3 weeks. :) As unreal as these situations are they seem very real to me. I actually can't wait to teach real investigators or how they say in France "ami's." I'm also really nervous but I know if I'm obedient I will have the Lord on my side and with the Lord I can do anything. :) Wish me luck!
.
I'll send home some pictures soon but I'm so busy right now I don't have time much for anything. Thanks mom for getting me that stuff and I guess I'll have to get used to this new nickname... we'll see if I get used to it. ;) Haha OH! Yeah, the hosting was a blast! I see at least two of the sisters I took around constantly. It was fun getting to know them and showing them around. I felt cool. haha. The other girl Ihosted is actually going to Tucson on her mission. I feigned excitement. I feel bad, Tucson isn't that pretty. I don't even know if I'm spelling it right. Well thanks for the pictures and thanks for everything else! I'm sending the jacket home so I'll put a letter in there as well. I love you all! Keep up your missionary efforts! And please excuse my messy spelling and grammer.
.
Love you!
Love, Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment