Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Week 6 - Wednesday, March 23rd, 2011

Ok sooo... In case you don't get on before I leave. I wanted to write you all about what has been happening here.
.
Our investigators: Theresa, we're dropping because she refuses to change her religion, it's hard bc we love her and she loves us but we could be doing more effective things then listening to her tell everyone and their dog that she will "never, never, never change her religiono." So after this saturday we won't visit her again for a while, and we just learned that she can't read so we'll have to get a cd of the book of mormon, in portuguese for her. And as for the Fillipino family, well the mom doesn't want anything to do with us and the father, Steven, has decided to continue being Lutheran, so he dropped us. But it's ok bc we know he'll come around when he realizes that he still needs more.
.
Well, two p-day's ago we met these two people Alex and Sara while we were doing our laundry. They're best friends and we've taught Alex quite a few times now! Well on Friday, as we were about to teach him, he got arrested, right in front of us. :/ We found out later his parole officer thought he was breaking probation, but he was let out later that night, AND then he texted us and wanted to see us again for real! So we taught him and took him to a baptism! We invited him to be baptized. He said he didn't know yet, but he's thinking about it. We invited him to church and he came! (with his dog) That is the first time I've ever seen a dog in church other than Sis. Anderson's dogs when they were being trained. It was quite interesting, we sat at the very back. He liked church though and we're taking him to the Mormon Battalion on Wednesday. :)
.
Well his friend Sara, we've gone to her house a few times to visit her but she was either away, or her mom came to the door and pretty much told us to not come back... but we came back anyhow. We visited her yesterday and she told us that she wasn't ready yet, so we started talking to her and then she began telling us all her problems and how life was so hard. We told her that Heavenly Father loved her and that is why we were there to talk to her. By the time we had to leave she was eager to see us again and we met her 4 yr old daughter and mother... duhn duhn duhn... her mother gave us a death glare then slowly smiled and talked to us. Yeah... we hope her mother doesn't hate us, that could potentially be a problem. But she is awesome and she told us that she was about to come outside and smoke when we showed up. So pretty much she realizes that we're there to help her. It was awesome!
.
I'm sorry my writing is a jumbled mess. I'm writing everything that is in my head. :)
Well! Life is going well, sometimes we have hard days but Heavenly Father always blesses us by giving us an amazing experience throughout the day. :) Thank you for your continued prayers. I know they have blessed me and my companion and I loved your letters. They were all wonderful! it was so good to hear from each of you. And we did hear about Japan. There is a teenager in our ward who wants to be the next president... so he naturally studies two hours of government stuff each day. :p But he keeps us more or less updated on everything. It seems like the world is falling apart! And we heard that there was something about nuclear waste that was spreading? Oh dear. Whenever Sis. Cluff and I hear about these things, we pray for the people who need help and then get really excited because the second coming is coming up fast! :) We're really excited but that also means that we have to hurry up and teach everyone so that they have the chance to hear the gospel! oh dear. Well we're trying and we'll try continue to try harder! I don't know what else to say... If I think of anything else I need I'll let you know but I'm doing well right now. :)
.
Well I'm tring to send you pictures but I can only send a few at a time bc it takes soooo long. So these are some fun pictures. 3 in the MTC. One with Laura (Sister Bayles), one with my district at the Provo Temple (back row, left to right: Elder Strommer, Elder Saager, Elder Galliher and Elder Iverson [w/ red hair], front row: Sis. McCloy, Me and Sis. Mitchell (she has Bright blue eyes, too bad you can't tell bc they're closed. :) )) and then the last one is Sis, Cluff and I - we were twinners that day, oh and I bought that new shirt from H&M! :)
.
Well I love you all and I pray for you each night! Have a wonderful week and I'll write those letters back as soon as I can! :)
.
Love, Sister Maureen Davis
.
P.S. thanks for the letters from the other elders! :) Love you Mom! I'm glad you had a marvelous birthday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment