Monday, February 14, 2011

Week 1 - Monday, February 14th 2011

Mom!!! I love you soooooo much!
.

Honestly, the mintue you and dad dropped me off and I was standing on the curb I was ready, and I couldn't wait to get started! Good thing we went to the Temple first for hugs. :) I'm so grateful for this experience! And it's only been 5 days but it's felt like 3 weeks! We are learning so much every day that it's crazy how much I feel like I know. I'm still not very knowledgeable with my scriptures though... I'm getting better, reading about 10 chapters a day now! I just read in Alma yesterday and now I love Alma 48:17 - Me and one of my companions, Sis. McCloy, decided we're going to give it our all on the mission!

.

Oh My companions!!! They're superb! I was intimidated by Sis. Mitchell at first (I'm in a trio) because she's very forward, but now I absolutely love her! And tell Danielle that the girl she was talking about, Chelsea Mov-a-something? That's my other companion, Sis McCloy. She is usually quiet but she has come out of her shell so much, and when she talks, she has the most profound, clear wisdom! I love it! Ok, in my district there are 4 elders and the 3 of us sisters. Elder Saager and Elder Strommer are also going to San Diego ( and so are my companions) So we'll all be there together and then Elder Galliher and Elder Iverson are going to Ohio.

.


We are an awesome district and the first to be in the Advanced pilot program. In other words we teach 22 lessons as opposed to the 3 they used to teach at the MTC. At first I was nervous but on saturday we taught a man named Drew. (he's really our teacher Bro. Lords just acting). It was the most amazing experience I had. He doesn't believe in God but he wants to believe there is more to life. So we taught him and bore testimony and Sis Mitchell and I were in tears afterword. Bro Lords told us he really wished he could hug us, it was That good. :) I love the MTC!

.

I know i'm where I'm supposed to be and I'm so grateful for it. I saw Spencer Frame the other day - he says hi to Maddy, and I saw Laura Bayles! I was so happy to see her, we've both been eagerly searching for each other in the MTC. Well I don't know what else to write. I love everything and I'm getting used to waking up early and going to bed early. I'm almost used to saying a prayer before pretty much Everything, oh and having people follow me everywhere. It's kinda strange asking the other sisters permission to go to the bathroom, but we all accept it as normal now. In fact it's strange when Sis. Mitchell gets pulled out for meetings.Oh and the showers here are insane. The first day they were freezing cold, and today they were boiling. It makes it a little challenging, but being from AZ i'd rather have boiling water. ;)
.

Well I have 10 min left. Our P-days are on Monday and we only have 30 min to read and write an e-mail home. But I have the rest of the day to write letters. I can't wait till I get all your notes. Tell everyone I love them!

.

Tell Aunt Diana I don't know where the other cafeteria is, she'll have to tell me.

.

Tell Maddy I love her so much and that she should seriously consider a mission! It's the greatest thing there is, those other ladies we knew weren't kidding! :)

.

Tell Erin that she should read Alma 48:17 and that she should strive to be like what my MTC president calls, Princess Moroni. :) I love her and want her to be the best girl she can be!


.

Tell Emmy, I'm surprised but I miss her "emmy hugs" she should just remember to ask to give them first. ;) I love her and miss her cheerfulness so much!

.

Tell Olivia I love her and she should consider a mission... when she's older. ;) I miss her funny stories and jokes (she should send some) and tell her, "pinky toe"

.

Dad- I love you and I'm so grateful for everything you've done for me! I'm so glad you are a worthy priesthood holder, I respect the priesthood so much right now as Sis Mitchell needed a blessing this morning and Elder Saager gave a beautiful testimony.

.

Mom - I love you and I don't want you to be sad that I'm gone, be very happy! I love you and I miss you all! Be excellent member missionaries - we need you! Agh! 5 min! ok I love you all, oh yeah, I'm senior companion... strange.... I love Preach My Gospel and the Book of Mormon and my testimony has grown so much in the past 5 days it's amazing!

.

I love you all! see you next monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment