Thursday, August 2, 2012

Week 66 - Thursday, August 2nd, 2012

Here is Maureen's second to last email!!  I can't really believe that she will be home in two weeks!
.
Dear Family... and everyone else.
.
I cannot express to you how happy I am. I don't even know where I would start. No, nothing huge has happened but I think when we realize what trial we've been going through and are able to finally overcome it that is huge miracle! So, yes I've overcome a large trial I've had on my mission. Hallelujah! But it would probably be boring for you to listen to and it would take me days to explain... so maybe someday I'll tell you. :)
.
Well as for the work, we haven't been able to see Carston in a while, but he's supposed to be baptized this saturday! So we're meeting with his family tonight and we'll see if he's still on track for this week. We've been working with the members a lot this week specifically with the Martin's. Their 18 year old son is currently dating a non-member. She is really sweet and has come to church with him often. SO we're hopefully going to see her this week! She has a lot of questions and is really interested. Hopefully if we talk with her this week we can ask to teach her family too. They aren't very religious but they are open to her hanging around the mormons. :) Another family we're working with are the Pulsiphers. They have a son who is also dating a non-member and she is Very interested in learning more. Basically there are lots of people who are interested in the Gospel and we've been able to teach so many lessons lately, it's been a wonderful way to finish strong.
.
Sister Turner and I are working as hard as we can trying to make every second count. :) We had a wonderful meeting with our relief society president last night. We talked about the Gospel, it's importance, why we need to live it and how it is only through the Savior's atonement that it is possible to live this gospel. She had lots of wonderful thoughts and experiences that opened my eyes to the many different ways the Atonement works through us. :) I love my mission SO much. I could never compare it to Elder Holland's love for his mission but I know that I am who I am today because of the many lessons I've learned on my mission, and I have become so much better because of those experiences. :) I will forever treasure what I've learned here. And I know I will be different when I get home, so bear with me. I was able to bear my testimony in my last zone leader council meeting this past thursday. And I can't share it the way I did there but I want you to know that I know Christ lives, I know Heavenly Father loves each of His children and that He calls us to be His hands here on earth to share that message with those around us. So share it with everyone! I love you all so much! Stay strong!
.
Love Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment