Thursday, July 26, 2012

Week 65 - Thursday, July 26th, 2012

Here is Maureen's latest.  19 days and counting!  Not that we are counting.
.
Dear Mom, family and all others who may come across this letter,
.
I'm so proud of my whole family. You all have grown So much while I've been gone. I'm excited to see who each of you are and know what's going on in your lives. I'm sad I won't be able to live with you for months on end when I get home but know how much I love each of you. I'm excited to read Erin's letter. Did she get mine? And did she get the birthday gift I sent? I hope it got to you. As for Emmy starting 7th grade, I'm sure it will be a lot better than my experience bc there will be people she actually knows there. I only knew 1 person since we moved that year. So I sat by myself for a few days at lunch. I don't think Em will have that issue at all. ;) Besides I learned who my good friends were, because there were girls who invited me to sit with them and would talk to me all the time. I will never forget Colbi for sitting by me and being my friend, even though we haven't talked in years, I will always be grateful for what she did for me. Emmy this will be a great experience for you! :) Good job on getting cool classes. And Olivia, I know she's doing well and staying out of trouble. What grade is she in now? Well I'll have a million or more questions when I get home that I expect to be answered. :)
.
As for my week.... Sister Turner and I have had an Excellent week! Seriously filled with miracles every day. It's been so neat. We taught more than 20 lessons this week, we added two new investigators, we've been talking to everyone.... it's just been great. Also, Elder Ballard was here this weekend. He held a fireside for people of all different faiths which was neat. He talked about the Restoration and Plan of Salvation in such a neat way and invited everyone to read the Book of Mormon and pray! There were a LOT of people and I was asked to conduct the music... you could probably imagine me standing On a platform, waving my arm with a huge smile on my face as there are about 650 people or more in front of me. Yeah, it was fun. And then we had a meeting with Elder Ballard just for the missionaries yesterday morning which was really good too. He answered a lot of our questions about how to be a better missionary. Anyway there were lots of other comments but I'll have to share those later. The really neat thing this week was that on Sunday Sister Turner felt like we could get at least one member present lesson, I didn't think it'd be possible as we already visited everyone lately. But we put our faith forward and tried anyway. When we got to church 3 random people walked in. We found out that 2 were less active and finally coming back to church and that one of them brought their fiance who wanted to learn more! To top it off, she invited us over THAT day to teach him. And Then when we got there, two members of another faith were there as well willing to listen. It was so neat! Miracles still happen.
.
Well i've got to get going. We're going to play sports at the park with our zone today. And I still have to write President. But know that I love you all sooooo much! I'm so grateful for your examples and for the prayers, they really have been needed and have brought lots of miracles. Thank you. :)
.
Love Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment