Thursday, June 28, 2012

Week 63 - Thursday, June 28th, 2012

Dear Mom and Family and Everyone Else!
.
1. Jessica is married!? since when? She hasn't written in forever. 2. I'm very sorry to hear about Aaron. I pray that his family will be comforted at this time. I know how hard that can be as I knew someone here on my mission who went through the same experience. 3. I KNOW you will do well in your new calling. As a swan, turtle and puffin once said, "no fear" haha. Heavenly Father blesses each of us as we give our best and have Faith in Him. :) 4. I hope Maddy is able to stay on top of things, I'm sure she is doing well. 5. I know Erin would love any camp, I remember camp fiesta. I can't remember if I did it with anyone else but I remember loving the opportunity to help others, especially some cute kids. :) 6. I'm glad that everyone is doing alright and I hope you enjoy your vacationing. Where are you all going for the family reunion by the way? 7. Minerva will be back in 2 1/2 weeks. I don't know where exactly in Mexico she is though. We asked her to find a ward down there to attend so maybe she'll meet up with Elder Glover!
.
Other than that everything is going well! Denise, our new investigator, came to church and she left us a message on our phone this morning and sang us a song about how God is good. It was quite entertaining. :) We love her. Donna and Ron are doing well, they didn't make it to church but they are excited to fast for the first time next Sunday for Peter. He is just down on himself so as Donna and Ron are a part of his family now, they want to fast for him. It's so sweet. We've seen other people too but it's summer and people are starting to leave town. It'll be hard for the next few months.
.
We've been busy with MTE's this past week however. I went on 3 exchanges in one week! That's a lot. So I'm very tired but still pressing on. While I was on exchanges with Sister Ah Chookoon and Sister Hudson I think I figured out what the huge lesson is i've been trying to learn on my mission! As we were wrapping up for the night we talked about how we have to keep pressing forward, even when it is hard. And I realized that Heavenly Father has been trying to teach me this lesson the whole time! He had me and sister McCloy finish each others training, 6 weeks into the work. He had us then whitewash an area after 5 months in the field. He then had us train 6 weeks after that and then I was soon asked to be a trainer sister where I have to step up every week! He's put me in these situations so I would feel the need to step up continuously, and now that I've been in the same spot for 4 transfers, with the same companion, I've had to learn how to compel myself to keep moving forward. I know that it will be necessary when I come home. Because I know life back home isn't as fast paced, I will have to pushing myself to do hard things all the time! It was just a really neat realization, that Heavenly Father has planned this from the beginning. He knows what we need and puts us in situations to learn and grow and come closer to Him. I am so grateful for that.
.
After that realization I decided to make goals for when I get back (no, I'm not constantly thinking about it, Promise!). But some of the goals I made had to do with what time i'm waking up and going to bed, how much time I'll dedicate to study and exercise every day, etc. It gets more detailed but I basically just don't want to fall into old habits. I know I have changed and I am so grateful for that change! I want to keep up my mission style as long as I can and I want to do things that are worthwhile. I know some things will change but i'm going to work on staying as close to Heavenly Father as possible. :) So follow up with me and make sure I'm staying focused after my mission as well. In district meeting this past week we discussed Doctrine and Covenants 18:15-16. It talks about how great will be our joy if we will bring one person to God, and how great will be our joy if we bring many more.
.
Well, Elder Simpson made a great point. If we want to help others to be converted, we must convert ourselves first. So who is the first person we bring to God? Ourself. So my invitation to you is to think of one thing you can do this week to become more converted to Christ's Gospel and His church, and then do it! :) I'll be following up next week. :)
.
And family, I hope you will have all read or watched Elder Holland's talk before next week. ;) It's really good!
.
Well I love you all and I'm praying for you! Stay safe while on your many journeys and enjoy the summer!
Love Sister Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment