Thursday, June 7, 2012

Week 61 - Thursday, June 7th, 2012

Here is Sister Davis' latest.  Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers on her behalf!


Well it sounds like things are just plain fun back home. :) I hope the summer activities are going well. I remember absolutely hating my swimming lessons. I still can't remember why I was so scared of going... but it's funny how I would now just love to jump in a pool... haha how things change with circumstances. Well this morning another one of my former companions has left on a plane. It reminds me of the clock that is continuously growing louder in my head, telling me my turn is coming. I hope Laura is okay! I'm sure she has been a great missionary and she's doing a lot of good in Cambodia. I am excited to learn some cambodian from her when I get home. :) Mom, when do you talk with Sister Bayless?
.
Well speaking of changes... Transfers has once again rolled around and by golly I'm going to die in El Cajon! (figuratively speaking) After 6 months of this area, I am now surpassing the length of my longest area by staying here, and sister Turner is staying with me! It was funny when we found out this morning. We were both So shocked that we weren't changing! We almost wanted to call President up and ask what was going on haha. We were so set on changing that we are sad that nothing is changing. Yes, we still love each other but change is fun. So in order to get the change we want we're switching up our room... somehow. :) And then we've determined that this will be our absolute BEST transfer ever. We want to work harder than ever before, now that we've finally figured out how to work with each other teaching wise. So I'm excited for this transfer.
.
This past week has been an uneventful one for investigators. Most of our investigators are ignoring us. :( BUT, we found a sister and brother the other day who's mom in mormon and they are interested in learning about God's plan for them. So we have some new investigators which we're very excited about. Heavenly Father loves us. :) Even though our investigators are ignoring us, in order to get those 20 lessons a week as Elder Perry asked we've been meeting with members a Lot, and we've had some amazing lessons with them. There is one family that we're so excited to work with. We taught them the Restoration then invited them to make mormon.org profiles and invite others to check it out and they were so exctied about it! There's also another family that is eager to help us find more people so they're having a 4th of July party at their house with neighbors and ward members. :) So in that way the work is going well. Afterall Elder Perry did tell all the members of our stake that they cannot waste our time as missionaries! We have been called out here to teach so they should make a concerted effort to find us people to teach and if they can't find anyone, invite us over to practice teaching. It has helped out so much. And President Hinckley did say that the best way to find is through the members. So we're excited to work more closely with our ward members. And remember that you back home are called to the same work. So have the missionaries over, let them practice to become better teachers. :)
.
That was our week in a nutshell. I also had a meeting with President and all the zone leaders yesterday, we watched a clip of Elder Holland's talk to the MTC in January of 2011 - if you can look it up on youtube, please watch it. I haven't felt the spirit radiate from one person that strongly in a while and it is just amazing to feel his testimony of this work. The talk was entitled Feed My Sheep and it brought me so much peace. I know this work is true! I love it with all my heart and I am So blessed to be out here sharing it with anyone who will listen. I know my Savior lives! I love Him and I know without Him nothing would be possible. We wouldn't be able to change or grow or ever make it back home without His atonement. And for that I will be grateful all the rest of the days of my life. I know God has a plan and how grateful I am to know that plan. I love you all! Continue in the Faith, Repenting, renewing your Covenants (or being Baptized for the first time), receiving the Holy Ghost and Enduring to the End. I know that is The Way.

Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment