Thursday, May 10, 2012

Week 57 - Thursday, May 10th, 2012

I cannot begin to express my gratitude for the emails you wrote this week. I'm just filled with this joy that won't go away. Recently I've been reading about the Savior's visit to the America's in 3rd Nephi and how because of the faith of the people His joy was Full. That is exactly how I feel. So content because others are experiencing the joy, not only of the gospel but of having a Loving Heavenly Father. It just makes me smile. So thank you for the wonderful emails and Mom thanks for the wonderful report you give each week. I'm so glad to hear that everyone is doing well back home. :)
.
And HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY OLIVIA! I love you! And Happy early birthday Emmy - you've got till the 11th. :) Which reminds me, mom - when it's mother's day i'll be calling... what time works best for you? We have church at 10am and so we could do it 2pm or later if that works for you guys. I think we're on the same time again.... maybe. :) Will Maddy be home for that or in Peru?
.
As for the work in El Cajon, California... it's going really well. We've had a few interesting things happen this week. 1. Our tire was getting flat and mom, although you taught me how to fill a tire I figured I'd probably mess it up, so we asked a lady to help us who gave us a few pointers... I officially can fill up a tire. Ha! took me long enough. 2. We helped at Mormon Helping hands. ( I don't remember that when I lived in AZ do they do it there?) Sister Turner and I were so excited to work, we were making gardens for a half-way house so that they could support themselves food wise. So we leveled the ground make planter boxes. Moved the planter boxes which were heavy. It took four men to carry one and sister turner and I and two beehives manned up and carried one all by ourselves. Then we shoveled in dirt and compost and finally planted lots of plants. It was so much fun. I'm excited for my own garden someday. Maddy says we can put one in the backyard of our housing in Provo. I'm excited. :) 3. These past few weeks have been a bit discouraging. I know it's satan who tries to get us to be discouraged and we should remember the Lord is on our side. Well we had a zone meeting just yesterday and I cannot explain to you all that happened but it was Exactly what I needed. We were talking about the goal we had for the upcoming month as far as baptisms go and when we said the prayer I was feeling discouraged and thought the 6 of our wards could do 6, one each. But I realized after we all talked about our thoughts that I had the lowest goal of the group. And on top of that we had missionaries who thought we could reach 12! The highest we've ever done in a month is 6. I was astounded at the faith of these missionaries. And yet it was so inspiring. One of the new elders asked if he could share a few words. He said he'd served in France for a little while and had to come home for health reasons but he was in CA for the remainder of his mission. He said that the first week of his mission in France, all 7 of his investigators dropped them. If anyone could be discouraged it would be him, but he said that he and his trainer just prayed and worked harder and because of it God placed 7 others in their path who were ready for the gospel. Each of them have now been baptized and 6 brought their whole families to the church and they are each working on a temple sealing. He said that God has a plan and He has His hand in everything and that if we would just let ourselves follow Him and accept His help and work like there is no tomorrow we would see miracles.
.
The spirit was there so strong and we all Knew that we could reach that goal of 12 for the month of May. So I'm telling you all this so you can hold us accountable. We are praying for miracles daily and we're going to give it our all. I know that God's hand Is in this work and that He is with us all every step. I'm so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and a very loving and supportive familiy. :)
I love you All!
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment