Thursday, April 19, 2012

Week 55 - Thursday, April 19th, 2012

To continue on the Miracle from last week...
We met with Uncle John on wednesday and gave him his very own copy of the Book of Mormon. He cried. The Book of Mormon has touched him so much in his life that he was so happy to have one again. When his wife passed away he read the book for days and it was the only thing that brought peace to his life. He was ever so grateful to us for giving him that gift back. Well we talked to him a bit about his life. He ended up telling us that he had experiences in the past that he regretted and he didn't think he could Ever be forgiven for them. I asked him to read Alma 36 that night - he said he would. Well on Friday, Sister Turner met with him while I was on exchanges. She said they sat there for 5 minutes while he explained how the chapter had touched his heart and how he knew he could be forgiven now before he asked them "so what do I need to do to be baptized?" :) It was the sweetest, neatest experience. He wanted so badly to do what was right and be forgiven and the spirit bore testimony to him that it was through baptism. :) So he'll be getting baptized May 5th! We are so happy for him and the blessings he will receive from this choice! It is the best gift ever to see a person who has little hope and happiness left in life to change almost overnight, and come to the conclusion that there is happiness and help ahead and that they can have the Savior's atonement active in their lives. :)
.
We had a great Easter too! We ate dinner with the Keleman family - and talked to their less-active kids. The oldest, who we had never met before was so interested in our message and wanted to share her thoughts too. It's amazing the people that are prepared either to find the gospel or come back to the Gospel of Christ. God prepares His children in so many ways and then lets us (members and missionaries) find them and see the miracles occur right in front of us, sometimes we don't have to do anything but smile. We just told Uncle John who we were and suggested a scripture he could read and God did the rest. Sometimes that is all that is required. I hope that I can open my mouth always and share with others the truths of Christ's Gospel and just let them know how much Heavenly Father loves them. He will bless those children who follow Him and He blesses us all with opportunities to come and Follow Him. I hope I can always follow Him and give Him my all.
.
I love you all! Sorry this week is short, but know how much I love you. Our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ love you so much more than me.  So turn to them, ask for help, ask for strength and allow the Atonement to bless your lives. I know it will. It has most assuredly blessed mine forever. I love my Savior with all my heart. And I say these things in His name.


I love you.
Love Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment