Thursday, June 30, 2011

Week 19 - Thursday, June 30th, 2011

Well I make a list of things I want to tell you all and today I just about wrote you my grocery list. :) I knew you'd appreciate it at least. Haha ps I was wondering, how much peanut butter do you put in peanut butter cookies? I wanted to make them but of course in my recipe I completely left out the most crucial ingredient! I'm a bit stumped as to why I didn't include it, but if you could lt me know that would be fabulous!
.
So I've decided that ever since Leaving for the mission, i've kinda been a fan of change. Interesting right? I mean I not only got rid of 3/4 of my stuff at home, cut my hair, cut my hair again, and painted my nails Bright pink (yeah I know), but I'm also a bit stir crazy and I kinda want to move to a different place. I love the people I work with and we're getting lots of member visits and referrals and I enjoy the people and the center but I kinda want a change. Haha I guess my Mission President leaving tomorrow isn't big enough. It's actually really sad. We had a final Mission President's fireside with Pres. Donaldson on Sunday. Sis. Cluff and I have been trying to get the Donaldsons a gift before they left since we were companions, so we Finally got it to them at our practice. During the fireside we all sang with all we had. Amor (the lady in the District II video who was taught by Sis. Voyles and Zaldivar who was married to Teddy and had two kids) she actually gave her testimony at the fireside. It was really interesting to see her up close and realize she was real! And in mission lingo I realized that Sis. Voyles is my grandmother. :)
.
Haha well we watched a mormon message called Moments that Matter Most and I suggest that everyone watches it. I Love it. And then Pres. spoke and pretty much everyone cried as he said it was his last fireside and we were the best missionaries ever! He closed by saying He knew our Savior and Joseph Smith. And we all knew exactly what he meant. We love President and we are going to miss him and Sis. Donaldson sooo much! But it's all for the best and Pres. Clayton will be awesome. I gave Sis. Donaldson like 4 hugs and Pres told me after the mission I could find him and give him a hug. Which I will be doing. :) PS if anyone is interested, who will be in Utah at the time, wants to listen to the Donaldson's give their homecoming talk in church they will be speaking July 10th at the Cedar Hills 10th ward at 9am (address = 9737 Chesterfield Dr. Cedar Hills, UT) just saying *cough cough* those who live in Utah should Definitely go! *cough* :)
.
Well other than all that we had two miracles las week! :) One Alexis FINALLY answered her phone and wants to meet with us. Two, Jen talked with us again, she is willing to find out the truth and she Came to Church! If you knew Jen, you would be screaming with joy. I know I had to stifle back a shout of praise when she walked in. We weren't expecting her to show up at all! We still have qute a bit of work to do with her bc she isn't sure if she wants to change her lifestyle but as soon as she gets that witness we'll be miles ahead. :)
.
I feel like most of this week has been visiting members getting them to invite their friends, so we haven't really met with any investigators. It's a bit slow right now. But we're hoping to pick it up this week as we may get a new investigator through Mariah! And we're having every female in the two wards pray to know if there is someone they know who is ready for the gospel. It seems to be working, now we'll have to find a way to get the members to invite them. As much as I love the singles, sometimes they just don't feel obligated to do anything. But we're still working with them. There's always hope. :)
.
I'm praying for everyone back home! And I realized last week that all my friends are returning, it's kinda strange. I think Perry may be home soon too. Tell everyone I say hi when you see them! :) It's really strange to think that I'll be home in a year and a month. I just got out, and i'm almost 1/3 of the way done! crazy.
.
Well I attached pictures of the new watches we got, me, Sis. McCloy, me, Lynette and Josh (who will soon get engaged, don't tell Lynette); Sis. McCloy, me and Sarah, one of my favorite members ever; and Sis. McCloy and I with our new hair cuts.
.
Well I love you all! Keep me updated with your lives!
.
Love, Sister Maureen Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment